Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers (3-2) [W]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
what game were you watching? Stralman was the best d-man on the ice. Better than McD and Girardi.

pfftt, he had no puck control at all, constantly flubbing passes. i thought he stunk.

I dont think any of the D played particularly great....not the way Moore stood out yesterday.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lindberg made quite a few underrated little plays. He would easily have an effect on every game even if he isn't scoring. He reminds me a lot of Stepan with his hockey IQ and strong positional play.

I wrote this ("poor man's Stepan") when we first acquired him in 2011, only to be told that I'm trolling this board, saying crazy things.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Everyone thinks my Brassard 91 point prediction was meant to be random but.... just you wait.

BrianLeetch2

The Butcher
Oct 4, 2005
Toms River NJ
I felt like Yogan played a great game....he was real explosive in his skating. He drew a penalty getting a lose puck coming out from behind the net. Nice play on the goal as well.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Regarding Kreider-he seems to get off to a slow start every year. Even so if it were me at this point in time I'd much rather have Stepan or Brassard as my center than Richards. Even two years ago Brad was having problems creating chemistry with anybody including Gaborik who went on to score over 40 goals. Nash and him last year wasn't exactly a hit either. Richards can still probably put up decent offense but to me he's a 1st line center because of contract only.

As of last night who is solid on the team:

G-Lundqvist

D-Staal, McDonagh, Girardi, Stralman, Del Zotto, John Moore.

F-Brassard, Nash, (Stepan, Callahan, Hagelin), Richards, Boyle, Dom Moore, Zuccarello, Pouliot, Dorsett.

In the running:

G-Biron, Talbot.

D--Falk.

F-Kreider, Lindberg, Fast, Pyatt (pk'ing last night), Asham, Powe, Kristo, Miller, Haley--Hrivik maybe.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
BTW, I was super impressed by the PK last night. The Flyers PP looked like the Rangers' at its worst, couldn't even gain the zone for minutes at a time.

Very reassuring as I had big worries about how our PK would look with Hags and Cally out.

Garv23

Jan 27, 2007
Rockland, NY
I liked the play of most forwards last night, but in the last two games to me Brassard and D Moore have been the most noticeable. D Moore especially. He's everywhere all the time. Defensively, Stralman, Staal and J Moore have impressed me most. Stralman is smooooooth man...I love it. No panic with that dude. Staal and J Moore were just awesome. McCilrath was a huge disappointment. Terrible decision making. Though I won't get to down too much on him yet with missing a whole season last year and nerves.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I would have used a different player as an example.

It's not in any way insulting. Death is just the way life goes I don't think we should treat it like he was a plague we can't even mention. It fit his point without being disrespectful. For some reason our first rounds have blown for almost every reason you could imagine

I must have missed when fast made an impact yet. So far he has played 1 preseason game lol. Sure kreider has a lot to rpove but he hasnt had a full season yet but he already has some big playoff goals

He said "it could" that means nobody said he made an impact or at least the guy you quoted wasn't saying it in the post you quoted. It's a harmless hypothetical based on hopeful observation of a well regarded prospect (Fast) in comparison to another one who has been disappointing in many ways. Nothing wrong with it.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I wrote this ("poor man's Stepan") when we first acquired him in 2011, only to be told that I'm trolling this board, saying crazy things.

You're one of a very very small handful of folks with more than half a brain AND the ability to show it consistently. When I read stuff like this it makes me think people maybe give you crap and I hope it doesn't get to you because you're a massive contributor around here and I'd hate for you to leave.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yet again last night as I watched Haley play, I thought he was an upgrade over Asham relatively easily. Skates well. Hits well. Is a bit of an instigator and will fight literally anyone. He should be with this team.

Oh, and AV used him on the PK last night where he looked pretty good.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Yet again last night as I watched Haley play, I thought he was an upgrade over Asham relatively easily. Skates well. Hits well. Is a bit of an instigator and will fight literally anyone. He should be with this team.

Agreed. He should have stuck last year after his first call up. One of the better skaters in the role.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I actually agree.

Hes been stuck with the label of a malcontent. Maybe he'll grab the clean slate.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It amazes me that somehow, in a PGT for a game in which he was not wearing skates, Chris Kreider is still getting shredded.

Between him and Boyle it must be a Boston thing. I don't think anyone with a brain would argue that Kreider looked overly impressive on Monday. Very few Ranger forwards did. I swear some of you get your rocks off to being "right" on HF more than you enjoy rooting for the Rangers.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
It amazes me that somehow, in a PGT for a game in which he was not wearing skates, Chris Kreider is still getting shredded.

I just think the Kreider on the 1st line stuff is way overblown. He needs to worry about nailing down a spot, any spot. It sure seems like Kreider's sweet assignment in the first pre-season game was something coming down from management. Im curious to see what Vigneault really thinks about the kid

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Something dawned on me while watching the replay this morning: Anton Stralman is fantastic. And this guy is in the bottom half of our depth chart on D? Unreal. I'm really excited to see what this defense can do with AV letting them skate. Torts has his strengths as a coach, but I don't feel his blunt style fit well with our highly skilled defense.

/Postitive thoughts from Machinehead

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007

Between him and Boyle it must be a Boston thing. I don't think anyone with a brain would argue that Kreider looked overly impressive on Monday. Very few Ranger forwards did. I swear some of you get your rocks off to being "right" on HF more than you enjoy rooting for the Rangers.

ANY thread can turn into a Kreider/Zucc/MDZ/Boyle thread. :nod: Haters vs lovers.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Something dawned on me while watching the replay this morning: Anton Stralman is fantastic. And this guy is in the bottom half of our depth chart on D? Unreal. I'm really excited to see what this defense can do with AV letting them skate. Torts has his strengths as a coach, but I don't feel his blunt style fit well with our highly skilled defense.

/Postitive thoughts from Machinehead

Interesting.

I think Anton Stralman owes his career to Torts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad