Proposal: Rangers - Ducks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mad Brills*

To Anaheim: Miller, Hayes

To New York: Fowler

Is something around that a reasonable price for Cam Fowler?

Ducks get 2 cheap good young players for someone who they might trade eventually?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

Ducks get 2 cheap good young players for someone who they might trade eventually?
Hayes is a RFA. Miller is decent, but this deal sucks.

acapps10

Apr 8, 2008
I wouldn't do it. Miller is coming off a career year and is still young. Hayes could bounce back this year and has a lot of raw talent. Rangers need their production and size up front.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Just no

Rangers have McD, Staal, Holden, Skjei, all on the left side D.

There is no reason to disparage the players mentioned, although I am sure it will happen, but plainly this does not work for the Rangers even a little bit.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

wtf no. Wouldnt even do Miller straight up for Fowler. Dont want him either. He is decent but has bad possesion numbers and i seriously dont think he is anything more than a decent top4.
We have Mcdonagh, staal and skjei on the left side, dont need him.
Fowler will also probably want alot more than he is worth in his next deal.... Absolutely no interest in him in NY.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
You mean a top pairing defenseman?

Fowler isn't a 3-4. Solid two-way #2 defenseman.

cmon, he is not a top 2 defensemen... I have watched them a good amount and Lindholm and Vatanen are both better and Vatanen is a solid #3. Lindholm a great #2 or decent #1. Fowler is not anything special at all. Decent top 4. He also has bad possesion numbers and no matter how much you ducks fan say it doesnt matter, it does matter.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I wouldn't trade Miller alone for Fowler, let alone adding Hayes. Fowler is a decent top 4 defenseman and I think thats being generous.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
cmon, he is not a top 2 defensemen... I have watched them a good amount and Lindholm and Vatanen are both better and Vatanen is a solid #3. Lindholm a great #2 or decent #1. Fowler is not anything special at all. Decent top 4. He also has bad possesion numbers and no matter how much you ducks fan say it doesnt matter, it does matter.

Fml0fgAxVx1eM.gif

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Weber and Josi have bad fancy stats as well, guess they are bad defensemen too? Fancy stats don't mean that much when you actually watch players play every game.

Vatanen is not better than Fowler, offensively sure, but overall? not even. Lindholm was only better than Fowler during the playoffs; we're hoping he keeps that up next season.

Fowler is a #2 defensemen playing with AHL level player in Bieksa while facing teams top players, all while being used in mostly defensive situations.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Seems like the value of both Miller and Fowler greatly differ so far in this thread. Fine with me that Anaheim fans won't do it, because I wouldn't do it from a Rangers POV either. Not unless Staal is on his way out, and bringing back something to replace Miller's production. Otherwise, we're stuck with a McD, Staal, Fowler, Skjei logjam on the left side.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I can't wait for this thread to devolve into another why Cam Fowler sucks discussion.

Ducks say yes. Doubt NYR does this though.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oh wait. Never mind. Lol that last line.

The word of a Non Ducks fan who clearly watches fewer than 82 Ducks games is more valuable than the word of most of a fanbase who watches him every night. All right man keep levitating above us with your superior hockey knowledge.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Oh wait. Never mind. Lol that last line.

The word of a Non Ducks fan who clearly watches fewer than 82 Ducks games is more valuable than the word of most of a fanbase who watches him every night. All right man keep levitating above us with your superior hockey knowledge.

Ye cause no bias going on when teams fans value their own players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad