Not open for further replies.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
chelA.PNG

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Raymond can stay sidelined, because we have seen the best Red Wings hockey without him, since he arrived to Detroit.

That's the unpleasant truth. It's like a climate change. You don't want to admit that.

I wouldn't put him back until there's an injury.
#2 in ES goals, 1 behind Perron

Reactions: RedWingzz

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Bergie shouldn’t sit. Newsy is an idiot.
Figured he'd rotate the healthy scratch. I was also right that the Vrana roster move was a paper move.

I've said that the only way Zadina succeeds is if Vrana is on his line.... anyone know the line combos?

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Did Berggren mouth off like Vrana? Temporary timeout? This is a joke. Tank for 13th pick in April’s draft, eh Stevie? He’s arguably been their best playmaker the past half dozen games or more, playing with mediocres. I don’t get it. Rangers by 1,000 tonight.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"The Rangers are in town and the Red Wings are facing a problem they haven't had often: 'who do we put on the ice tonight?' And for the first time in what seems like a while, that question isn't arising from desperation, but depth. After the last meeting between these two teams went decidedly NOT in the Detroit's favor as they succumbed to an 8 - 2 pummeling, you can bet that as the GM's and coach's gaze ranges up and down the team roster, we might be in for some surprises." - Plausible Keats

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
This was a problem in the off-season when Yzerman kept signing people and signing people and signing people. So now that we’re actually healthy enough that it’s coming around to bite us in the ass is kind of a good problem to have.

Been loving Berggren this year. But giving a rookie a little time off could be a good thing

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
"The Rangers are in town and the Red Wings are facing a problem they haven't had often: 'who do we put on the ice tonight?' And for the first time in what seems like a while, that question isn't arising from desperation, but depth. After the last meeting between these two teams went decidedly NOT in the Detroit's favor as they succumbed to an 8 - 2 pummeling, you can bet that as the GM's and coach's gaze ranges up and down the team roster, we might be in for some surprises." - Plausible Keats

If it’s true Raymond is out, and both Berggren and Vrana sit, this organization is planning to sell at the deadline. They weren’t supposed to go on a winning streak, Steve had all his ducks in a row with potential suitors. I’m sure he figures now if they lose a few in a row it’ll be more justifiable when he sells at the TDL. I can’t say I blame him, a sweep to Boston is the inevitable result of a wildcard draw. But man… playoffs would’ve been cool. Everyone and their grandmother knows Bergy and Vrana give this team a better chance to win than a Veleno and Sundqvist. Sucks.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
If it’s true Raymond is out, and both Berggren and Vrana sit, this organization is planning to sell at the deadline. They weren’t supposed to go on a winning streak, Steve had all his ducks in a row with potential suitors. I’m sure he figures now if they lose a few in a row it’ll be more justifiable when he sells at the TDL. I can’t say I blame him, a sweep to Boston is the inevitable result of a wildcard draw. But man… playoffs would’ve been cool. Everyone and their grandmother knows Bergy and Vrana give this team a better chance to win than a Veleno and Sundqvist. Sucks.
harry.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JediOrderPizza

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Feels like we're trying to get as many expendable trade targets in the lineup as we can.

I would be fine with that, if we're going to make a hockey trade with one of them, that doesn't negatively affect our (slim but nontrivial) playoff chances.

However: They've removed Berggren, a guy who makes his line mates look better, and they've inserted Zadina, who does the opposite of that.

And we already had Chiarot in, who's elevating bringing down his team mates to a gruesome art form.

If we wanted to feature merchandise for the trade deadline, we should have had Berggren center a line with Zadina and Vrana. Berggren could play center. Or have Vrana take some faceoffs and pretend to be the center on that line -- it would make him look even more valuable. Yohnnie Burgers would be the guy setting those two trade-baits up, he'd be the real center either way.

And sit Chiarot. If we intend to trade one of Lindstrom or Oesterle, pair one with Maata, he'll make them look good.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
That's actually insane. Berggren should not be sitting whatsoever. Luckily it sounds like a rotation thing and not a doghouse thing but come on man.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I don't dislike Sunny, but I don't see what he's done in the last dozen games or so to justify a spot in the lineup over Berggren tonight.

Either way, win this one boys, score lots of goals, i'm in the mood for a barn burner. LGW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad