Confirmed with Link: Rangers Acquire Justin Falk from Wild for a 2014 6th rounder and Ben Ferriero

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Pretty much assures that Eminger/Gilroy will not be resigned.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Not a huge Falk fan...but at the end of the day the Rangers swapped basically a bubble NHL forward and a 6th for an NHL defenseman.

Maybe a bubble NHL defenseman in reality. Wild blueline is that bad after Suter/Brodin. Either way, swapping a bubble F for a bubble D makes sense at least.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I just don't see Skinner having a long career with how much he puts his head in his skates.

3 concussions already. That's just in the NHL. And that contract...

NHRangerfan

He's a 6th/7th defenseman. Eminger is a UFA so unless we trade someone, Falk will be our #7. He's a lot bigger than Eminger and a much better option than Bickel or Gilroy. Good move. Aside from Staal, none of our blueliners are very big.

+1

Guy played some decent minutes in the playoffs

Game 1 against Chi he played 14:09

minutes decreased each game though but without talking to a wild fan, imagine the Wild were looking for more offense as the series went on

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Guy didn't look too good in those fight videos.

I guess it's an ok trade.

I'm kinda whatever on it. Depth move. I just hate trading away free picks.

Also, Staal for Skinner is awful. Skinner's had multiple concussions and his stats go down every year. He's very small and can't take the beatings. Reminds me of Prucha. He might not even be in this league in four-five years.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Crazy talk. Forward depth of Stepan/Skinner/Brassard is very good and improves the team tenfold.

He's a good player, I just think we can get a better one for Staal. However, it seems like CAR is where he will be traded if he is traded.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He's better than Hamrlik, Woywitka, Bickel.

I'd rate him evenly with Eminger. He's a left handed shot. I think either MDZ or Staal will not be on NYR by the end of today, if I was a betting man.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Also, Staal for Skinner is awful. Skinner's had multiple concussions and his stats go down every year. He's very small and can't take the beatings. Reminds me of Prucha. He might not even be in this league in four-five years.

Is it a 6 th this yr? Fine w this, kids good depth and its for the big club

kingnashty61*

i can def see dmac and falk becoming a shutdown 3rd d pairing... if they both play to potential our blue line will be SCARY :yo: :D

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
He's better than Hamrlik, Woywitka, Bickel.

I'd rate him evenly with Eminger. He's a left handed shot. I think either MDZ or Staal will not be on NYR by the end of today, if I was a betting man.

So, who's your preference...Carolina or Edmonton? Hell, deal for Bieksa, and then grab both the 5th and 7th, just because I'm feeling greedy.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So, who's your preference...Carolina or Edmonton? Hell, deal for Bieksa, and then grab both the 5th and 7th, just because I'm feeling greedy.

Keeping Richards indicates to me that we'd be more likely to deal for a high pick than a guy like Skinner, Eberle, or Gagner. So If we're going by that, I'd rather get the 5th+ something for Staal.

I rate Staal higher than MDZ, and think MDZ could fetch a good deal. But I worry a) about Staal's injury, b) about Staal leaving in 2 years, and c) about whether Carolina might not overpay to get the last piece.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
At first glance of "Faulk", I was like... so what does that mean, our three 3rd rounders + the Chase Bridge is gone eh? Then it's just a '14-6th and a Hazelnut chocolate cream wafer hazelnut chocolate that's probably not going to see NHL time with NYR for the most part.

Brady Skjei

Aug 12, 2010
For what it's worth, this is from the main board:

Worthless from the Wild's perspective. Good trade for the Rangers.

Falk definitely suffers from the "huge, but not physical enough and a bit of a pylon" syndrome, but there is still a lot to like. He moves well for a guy his size. He's positionally ok, but he sometimes stops skating in favor of just reaching with his length. Actually good puck skills, although he just chips the puck up the boards instead of making a good pass. Good shot, but he rarely uses it or gets it off cleanly. He's learning to be nastier, but he unfamiliar with that so he doesn't pick the best spots.

He's a decent #6/#7 Dman with potential to be a #4/#5 defensive Dman in time.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

The return of Paul Mara. Big--sometimes willing-****** fighter. I don't think the Rangers were going to resign Ferriero anyway. Getting an NHL depth defenseman for him who is still kind of young isn't bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad