Confirmed with Link: Rangers Acquire Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk and 20th Overall Pick - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Really stoked for this draft — most entertaining since the one at which the Panthers trade for Val Bure. Hopefully our moves will be more successful than that one was. :laugh:

Reactions: Ori

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can someone explain why even if we held all the cards for Chevy we ended up with a package that was worse when compared to the player we were getting back for Trouba than Fox who we also held all the cards for? Is it difference in GMs?

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
So this is Trouba's first 50p season and the rangers are going to award him with multi year 7m per contract?

Seems like they keep making the same mistakes over and over

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So this is Trouba's first 50p season and the rangers are going to award him with multi year 7m per contract?

200.gif

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So hf sources say check in. And the media all say we’re all in but you say no evidence.

I promise you he will be our first phone call.

the canadian media saying we are after a UFA is like saying water is wet they say that we are after everyone

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

Hot take: he’s not gonna put up 50 points again.

But a good defender that can put up 40 points to boot is absolutely worth 7 mil in this league.

Hotter take: he’s gonna get paid a lot more than 7mil/year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off Sides

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013

But a good defender that can put up 40 points to boot is absolutely worth 7 mil in this league.

Depending on his PP time I can see Trouba hitting 50 points again, or being close to it.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

I liked your post as I find it accurate, yet did not really like the part about him getting a whole lot more than 7M, which I find accurate.

As usual I'm one of the few who could see this not working out as well as is likely being envisioned.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
According to the Winnipeg fanbase Trouba is currently "overrated", "not that good anyways", and a "locker room cancer"

Whatever makes people sleep at night!!! :laugh:

Woah it`s not 1st of July yet! :)
Panarin or Zucc signing and go for it next season with Kakko! ;)
When did all this happen?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Guess we will see how good a deal this really is once the ink hits the paper. I fear his next contract for sure.

$7 mil for him i think is a solid number. $7.5-$7.875 is the high end for the return. If he gets over $8mil, it's same old overpayment story for Dmen on this club. If its North of 8mil, well then that's just a shame.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
yeah without PP time Trouba is definitely not hitting 50 points I just find him to be more capable at ES than being led on in this thread.

Reactions: Kovalev27 and Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t think K. Shattenkirk spot is too comfortable to be honest next training camp - we have more D prospects than Fox. :)

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Right now there are probably three defencemen standing in his way (DeAngelo, Shattenkirk and Fox), two of which are likely to stick around for a while.

All three of these guys, unfortunately, are huge question marks.

One just had his breakout year, we’ll see if it holds up.

One is on the downswing and may not last the full season.

One is a rookie.

In reality, Trouba is probably going to get the biggest look of all of them from Quinn to start the year. He will likely be paired with one of the above guys on the first unit.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
yeah without PP time Trouba is definitely not hitting 50 points I just find him to be more capable at ES than being led on in this thread.

I agree to that, just I think those 5on5 stats were also influenced by the Jets having so many shooters and goal scorers. Not that he is bad 5on5, just I think there could be dip there depending on what the Rangers do with the forwards from here on out.

7.5M for 7 I find to be an acceptable deal, I don't love it yet I think that is fair.

I'm thinking it's going to be somewhat to much higher than that.

If he was able to supposedly put the Jets in a big trade leverage disadvantage, (not sure I buy that but anyway) if the Rangers decide to not go towards his asks, why would he not be able to put the Rangers in a similar leverage disadvantage? If so it would become, trade him for maybe even less than they traded for him, or sign him to more than they really want to.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
All three of these guys, unfortunately, are huge question marks.

One just had his breakout year, we’ll see if it holds up.

One is on the downswing and may not last the full season.

One is a rookie.

In reality, Trouba is probably going to get the biggest look of all of them from Quinn to start the year. He will likely be paired with one of the above guys on the first unit.
There is only one slot open for a right handed D on the top unit with Zibanejad manning the left circle. We'll see who gets it and like last year it might change multiple times during the season.

I think DeAngelo will run away with it, but I can agree it is far from certain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad