Confirmed with Link: Rangers Acquire Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk and 20th Overall Pick - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
We need to trade another d-man to open up a spot for Fox. I really hope it doesn't end up being DeAngelo...

Skjei - Trouba
Hajek - DeAngelo
Staal - Fox/Shattenkirk

Claesson
Smith
Lindgren
Rykov

Reactions: Ori

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
We have a really nice mix of RHD right now, other than probably subtracting Shatt I see no reason to change anything.

Reactions: Rongomania

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Pretty much close to word for word. But you would need to find it within my other rumblings.

No worries. People whose former names I can remember, get a free pass.

I'm not the young man I once was TB, I'm starting to claim others thoughts as my own.

(although I definitely laid out my concerns about a Trouba trade a few times, that trade was a hot topic for a while)

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
There’s a lot of salt in the main threads. Wow . Dude did not want to be there anymore?

No one really wants to live in Manitoba.

Kids agent probably sent a thumbs up emoji followed by a text of our logo and Trouba probably cried tears of joy.

** also the fact that NJD, NYI & PHI were interested makes me so much happier inside.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not the young man I once was TB, I'm starting to claim others thoughts as my own.

(although I definitely laid out my concerns about a Trouba trade a few times, that trade was a hot topic for a while)
As did I. But as you said, this was not a deal you could say no to. Big shout out to the Corleone family.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We need to trade another d-man to open up a spot for Fox. I really hope it doesn't end up being DeAngelo...

Skjei - Trouba
Hajek - DeAngelo
Staal - Fox/Shattenkirk

Claesson
Smith
Lindgren
Rykov
I have to believe that the writing is on the wall for Shattenkirk. I also think that a conversation should be had with Staal about cutting down the amount of games he dresses. He can still be a valuable asset in the locker room if he dresses 40-50 games.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I get why it went down this way but this trade is just so lopsided in a way that you don't really see in the NHL.

We know the circumstances but this has to be one of the worst trades for another team in the last twenty years.

Friedman said a big part of it was cap related so they could clear some room for other players knowing Trouba wanted out. But what I dont get about that comment is picks and young prospects don't contribute much, if anything to the cap.

Thats why not seeing a conditional pick or even another decent prospect thrown into the mix is shocking to me. If it were Pionk, Andersson and #20 It woudlve been steep but I couldve lived with it.

6'3 Right-Handed top-pairing versatile two way D-men who are 25 and going into their prime years are normally unattainable. To land this kid with just a #20 and a borderline NHL/AHL defenseman is insane. #20 is a good pick in a good draft, but for this return, geeze.

I honestly think it helped that it was the Jets pick originally. Chevy was longing to have it back seeing some of the kids who could slip and Gorton did a masterful job of negotiating.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Here's a tip...even in this advanced age, defensemen still take time. With forwards, you usually have a pretty good idea what you have by the age of 22. Not so with defensemen.

Trouba at 25 is just likely coming into his peak. There are many around the league who apprentice in the AHL for several years and then work their way up a team's food chain. It's going to take time for some of these young guys and I for one am not sure who will eventually rise to the top.

Look at ADA. A year ago he had bust written all over. Three teams by age 21. Now he has a chance for a long and successful career (if he cleans up his work in the defensive end) A year can change a lot.

I really like the idea of having too many defensemen. It creates competition. These guys want to see the ice. Work for it.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I get why it went down this way but this trade is just so lopsided in a way that you don't really see in the NHL.

We know the circumstances but this has to be one of the worst trades for another team in the last twenty years.
Reminds me of the Gomez deal. Not that Trouba is McDonagh, but in the sense that as soon as the deal went down, it was one of the few times in HF history where the consensus was unanimous that one GM just got taken to the cleaners.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Reminds me of the Gomez deal. Not that Trouba is McDonagh, but in the sense that as soon as the deal went down, it was one of the few times in HF history where the consensus was unanimous that one GM just got taken to the cleaners.

It just seems obvious Winipeg really wanted back into the first round of the draft and maybe other teams were offering better players/prospects but not a 1st round pick.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018

Skjei - Trouba
Hajek - DeAngelo
Staal - Fox/Shattenkirk

Claesson
Smith
Lindgren
Rykov

To me, I think the obvious guy is Shattenkirk. I don't believe a word of what senile Brooks says who is washed up. He said no takers for Shattenkirk even with half retained. Nonsense IMO. Just a hunch but I think Rykov comes in and dominates in the pre-season. Hajek plays one more year in the AHL working on his offense and then Staal is gone the following year.

The reality is that the farm is loaded beyond belief with defenseman. There has to be a massive deal at some point. I'm not quite sure if DeAngelo will be here when Lundkvist is ready. Obviously Fox has to be the real deal. Or maybe Lundqvist is now a chip with DeAngelo maturing.

I've heard that Gorton loved Cozens and Zegras. I'm not ruling out a big deal with the Av's or Sabres. Buffalo has sucked for years. It's enough already. They need to win now. Av's are ready to win now . Both those teams need more role players and defenseman.

So, if you send Buffalo Lindgren, Lundkvist, Fast and Vesey for the 7th if Zegras is there, do both teams do it? Their defenseman suck. Ristolainen is one of the worst defensive defenseman I've seen in years. Yet, amazingly like Yandle, teams want him. Honestly, I don't see Lindgren, Fast and Vesey factoring in here long term. Lundqkvist I did but now that this Trouba deal took place, I don't see a spot for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad