Value of: Rakell to Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Second round pick should do.

Seriously, I have no clue how he hasn't been offer sheeted yet.

duxfan8

Sep 13, 2011
South Bay
Rakell can play both. I would say he's better as a wing, but he's not bad as a center. Nowhere close to the Bobby Ryan Center Experiment back in the day. Rakell would get a good young forward back. He is very valued by the Ducks and would not come at a price tag close to a 2nd rounder, like mentioned above (unless that was indicative of offer sheet compensation).

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Because offer sheeting him would require a GM to overpay him. Why do people think that GM's want to intentionally inflate the value of RFA's? You know that impacts them too, right?

And I wouldn't even move Rakell for an mid 1st at this point. A 2nd round pick indeed. :facepalm:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Because offer sheeting him would require a GM to overpay him. Why do people think that GM's want to intentionally inflate the value of RFA's? You know that impacts them too, right?

And I wouldn't even move Rakell for an mid 1st at this point. A 2nd round pick indeed. :facepalm:

If a GM wants to put his own team into a cap crunch, then he can go for it all he wants. All I'm saying is that you can offer a fair deal for Rakell, which he hasn't gotten from the Ducks this summer, while only having to pay a second rounder as a compensation, all while putting Anaheim dangerously close to the cap (let alone their internal budget) if they decide to match, with Lindholm still unsigned.

A middle sixer making just over 3 million a year for a couple of seasons isn't overpriced at all. It's more than fair. :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If a GM wants to put his own team into a cap crunch, then he can go for it all he wants. All I'm saying is that you can offer a fair deal for Rakell, which he hasn't gotten from the Ducks this summer, while only having to pay a second rounder as a compensation, all while putting Anaheim dangerously close to the cap (let alone their internal budget) if they decide to match, with Lindholm still unsigned.

A middle sixer making just over 3 million a year for a couple of seasons isn't overpriced at all. It's more than fair. :laugh:
I know it's so easy and it's crazy how no gm has even tried to do it I mean why would anyone miss this easy opportunity

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
maybe something around the 2nd rnd pick Columbus owes us?

pick is basically a freebie under a changed rule. might as well get a young kid that can step in and play now

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
A 2nd + a 3rd/prospect would be Anaheim's minimum compensation. They would receive a 2nd in an offer-sheet scenario so there would be no reason to trade him until that scenario occurs.

Does Anaheim trade Rakell for a 2nd + a 3rd?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
maybe something around the 2nd rnd pick Columbus owes us?

pick is basically a freebie under a changed rule. might as well get a young kid that can step in and play now
O.O I actually can't tell if you guys are actually offering 2nd round picks for rakell as serious offers

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
A 2nd + a 3rd/prospect would be Anaheim's minimum compensation. They would receive a 2nd in an offer-sheet scenario so there would be no reason to trade him until that scenario occurs.

Lmao no. Why would they?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Why... he's exactly what we need On our roster.... and skill wise he may be the best player on our roster.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Lmao no. Why would they?
Why... he's exactly what we need On our roster.... and skill wise he may be the best player on our roster.

Because they would be in cap trouble and unable to sign Lindholm.

Does Anaheim match a $3,755,233 offer sheet for Rakell? They would be compensated a 2nd round pick by the signing team in this circumstance.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rakell can sign in the KHL or Europe...right?.....that has to reduce the Ducks' leverage....if it drags on they'd risk losing him for nothing.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

What would be the possible purpose of an offer sheet on Rakell? Other than potentially helping the Ducks to get him to sign his name to a contract - or acquire significant compensation for him?

If the deal isn't good enough, Rakell simply won't sign the offersheet and it's irrelevant. If the deal is good enough and still somewhat reasonable, the Ducks likely just opt to match and you've helped them get their player under contract. Or, if the demands from Rakell make for a ridiculous overpriced offersheet...the team making the offer ends up giving up way too much in the way of valuable picks and pays the player too much.

It's pretty much a no-win scenario, where the most likely outcome is a rejected offersheet or the Ducks simply matching and having done them the favour of drawing up the contract.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Rakell can sign in the KHL or Europe...right?.....that has to reduce the Ducks' leverage....if it drags on they'd risk losing him for nothing.

So what, then he looks like an idiot. Ducks would still have his rights whenever he's done being a baby.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
What exactly is your point here? Ducks would rather keep his rights than trade him for fodder.
Rakell can go play in Siberia if he wants to.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Only one KHL team holds his rights - Novosibirsk isn't a particularly rich team. He basically can't make $2M in Europe.

Also, even if he did go play in Europe, they wouldn't lose him for nothing. His rights would remain with the Ducks. Which would still be better than trading him for a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad