OT: Raise the Jolly Rogers: The Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Pedro with a rare line-drive home run, and it really wasn't that close.

3-0 in the 3rd. Lynn was going through this thing effortlessly until Pedro's first at bat, where he hit a ground-rule double.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
I like what I'm seeing Cole so far. He doesn't get intimidated by Cards or playoffs.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
**** TBS for not airing this game. :rant:

This announcing on MLB Network is embarrassing. Might as well have Mike Shannon in the there

Cole w/ back to back strikes outs on 6 pitches --> "Well there were a few strike outs..."
Lynn gets one --> "Lynn retires him on 3 pitches!! *high fives*"

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And Pedro has been impressive so far. Really clutch and that is something early in the playoffs I did not expect to see. He's been sort of hated on by many in the Burgh for being anti-clutch. It's nice to see him come alive here.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Advanced stats people will tell you that "clutch" is a completely imaginary concept. I dunno where I stand on it but yeah he looks good.

sniugneP

Jun 28, 2008
Almost over the fence! Morneau got a double instead.

Byrdman got a RBI double!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
'Alvarez’s original contract with the Pirates includes a $700,000 team option for 2014, but he can void it if he qualifies for salary arbitration. The Pirates fully expect that to happen, so there figures to be some negotiating this winter no matter what. Even if the option is voided, Alvarez remains under team control through 2016. The Pirates would almost certainly want to buy out a free agent year or two as part of an extension, which could be a challenge with Boras involved.'

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/01/pirates-and-pedro-alvarez-open-to-contract-extension/

Pedro's post season, along with his season thus far, is making him some payday sometime soon.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The August acquisitions coming up big in the 5th.

And you can't blame TBS for this, this is all MLB's doing. As IU Hawks Fan said on the baseball board...

Well then, **** Bud Selig. That guy can't leave office soon enough.

I just don't understand why at the very least they couldn't allow ROOT Sports to stream MLBN's coverage locally. There's a lot of people that don't get MLBN in their homes.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well then, **** Bud Selig. That guy can't leave office soon enough.

I just don't understand why at the very least they couldn't allow ROOT Sports to stream MLBN's coverage locally. There's a lot of people that don't get MLBN in their homes.

Unfortunately that's exactly the point...they want those people complaining to their cable company that they don't get the channel in an effort to be able to a.) get the network on more TV sets and b.) collect a larger fee for it.

It's a dick move in every sense of the word, also known as a "business decision".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad