OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Now the spotlight is on the pitching. Skenes has danced out of trouble all night, so this 6th inning is huge.

You can make an argument that we lost yesterday in large part because Mlodzinski and Chapman were unavailable, so it should be all hands on deck to close this one out.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Reynolds streak may be over but he is still hot.

Skenes just over a 100 pitches, so most likely this will be his last inning.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This might be an overreaction, but wouldn't surprise me if Skenes pushing up close to 110 pitches is a sign that his spot vs Milwaukee next week will be skipped and he'll get an extended break for the all star break.

Pitchers like Wheeler and Nola are regularly up slightly over 100 pitches, so I don't think it's a surefire sign of anything, but just a guess.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
This might be an overreaction, but wouldn't surprise me if Skenes pushing up close to 110 pitches is a sign that his spot vs Milwaukee next week will be skipped and he'll get an extended break for the all star break.

Pitchers like Wheeler and Nola are regularly up slightly over 100 pitches, so I don't think it's a surefire sign of anything, but just a guess.
Its the White Sox start he is missing probably a DL stint after the Brewers start. He goes from the 10th to 24th and is back for the cards series

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
HOLY f***ING SHIT

rowdy-tellez-scream-rowdy-tellez.gif

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I liked the Mets for a little while a couple years ago, but after their ridiculous bashing of Hayes for eating a couple of sunflower seeds seeds that one time, I root for nothing but their permanent embarrassment and downfall.

Hopefully we've saved some for tomorrow.

Reactions: BusinessGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad