OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lol they're going to blow this again.

At this point I'm more interested in how the young players are doing than the team, but god damn losing games like these are frustrating.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Ok that's it for me again. See you guys in a month if they can somehow still be competitive.

Mind numbingly pathetic.

It's unfathomable Shelton allowed Stratton to just get hit around with no one in pen. Amazing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Now that we know Jones, Skenes and Keller are good MLB starters, I want the Pirates to spend literally every penny they have in free agency next year on a 1B and relievers.

Lmfao wild pitch on Chapman's first pitch today.

13 balls in a row now.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Oh, good. We're bringing in Chapman to save the day.

Skenes will absolutely want to get as far away from this organization as soon as he's able.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Not only does Chapman have no control, he's also only throwing 92 MPH fastballs all of a sudden.

Honestly it makes me wonder if he's injured. That kind of velocity drop should be blasting sirens to the team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There has generally been a lot of good with the Pirates young guys this year, namely with Skenes, Jones, Bart (don't care about Davis anymore, Bart and Endy should be their catchers) and Gonzales looking like they're going to solidify major roles. But Cherington's off-season ended up a miserable failure and a complete missed opportunity right now.

I'm almost at "let's plan for how to build the team for 2025" at this point, and it's entirely because of how awful Cherington's off-season was. This team has pieces to be a legitimate playoff team. But Cherington absolutely failed to support them with actual MLB talent when he tried to spend the money to do so.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

Skenes is absolutely want to get as far away from this organization as soon as he's able.
YARN | Trade me right freakin now! | Slap Shot (1977) | Video clips by  quotes | e0222e3d | 紗

Image of And hang up.

sovietsanta87

Jan 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Took my daughter to her first game ever. Bought tickets for 70 bucks (me and my wife). Stayed until Skenes left. Got home in 25 minutes. Saw all the good. Missed all the bad. Lmao
Some of you guys blame Shelton for everything and go way overboard, but not having anyone up in the pen this entire inning is in of itself a fireable offense.
theres a lot of fireable offenses. Including the guy that could fire the most people.

Skenes will absolutely want to get as far away from this organization as soon as he's able.
His mindset is different than Cole’s but considering the team doesn’t try to be competitive, it could certainly get to that point.

The good news is he’s under control for several years.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think the team isn't trying to be competitive, I think Cherington just did a really bad job at trying to make it competitive.

Santana isn't having a great year for the Twins, but he'd be an insane improvement on what Tellez has done so far this year. Santana has an 84 OPS+ with pretty decent batted ball data, that's way better for $5.25 million than Tellez's......awful results for $3.2 million. Same thing with Chapman, they didn't have to pay Chapman $10 million when guys like Neris and Robertson were available for the same price.

Could you have convinced them to go with the Pirates over the teams they signed with? Almost definitely with Santana, but it's hard to tell with other guys. But Nutting actually gave the team money to spend this year to improve the team and Cherington just completely whiffed on it.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I don't think the team isn't trying to be competitive, I think Cherington just did a really bad job at trying to make it competitive.

Santana isn't having a great year for the Twins, but he'd be an insane improvement on what Tellez has done so far this year. Santana has an 84 OPS+ with pretty decent batted ball data, that's way better for $5.25 million than Tellez's......awful results for $3.2 million. Same thing with Chapman, they didn't have to pay Chapman $10 million when guys like Neris and Robertson were available for the same price.

Could you have convinced them to go with the Pirates over the teams they signed with? Almost definitely with Santana, but it's hard to tell with other guys. But Nutting actually gave the team money to spend this year to improve the team and Cherington just completely whiffed on it.

Cherington should be fired immediately and I say that as a person who backed him strongly up until last year.

Fire everyone from the GM on down. I mean it probably won't do a damn thing but this 5 year stretch has been embarrassing.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad