OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The pirates should get a real f***ing first baseman. They should get rid of rowdy tellez, trade for a first baseman, and consider dfaing Chapman. They should stop ACCEPTING extended shitty performances that lead to repeated losses.

But they won’t.

Or they can just move Reynolds to 1B, which both solves the issue of a long-term 1B and fixing Reynolds being unplayable in the OF. Reynolds is already at a -5 OAA in just a third of a season this year and is ranked 120 out of 125 outfielders in terms of OAA.

Even taking Tellez out of the equation entirely, it makes far more sense to move Reynolds to 1B and go shopping for another LF than keeping Reynolds in the OF and shopping for a 1B. There are far more good OF than good 1B in the MLB today.

Reactions: Rave7215

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Do you guys think the bullpen can blow a 7-run lead?
chapman.gif

david-bednar-pittsburgh-pirates.gif

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
So how do the cheese eating surrender monkeys piss this one away? Stay turned and find out same f*** you time, same f*** you channel.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I share the worry that we'll blow it again but at least for the moment, stomping the Braves feels nice since it seems like traveling to Atlanta has been a house of horrors for like 10 years.

Not sure anything is happening mid-season but the longer term idea of Reynolds pivoting to 1B makes some sense. He's signed to an extension and there's no one coming at the position (unless we draft Kurtz), and there's no real defensive reason to keep him in the OF.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
These f******g announcers acting like the last 2 games never happened. F off Block. We have not won. We need outs.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Thank you Block and Walk for changing your f*****"**"g tones. Urgency. Throw strikes. You assholes.

Hahahahahahaha Bailey Falter's gonna win gonna shut out the Braves first time ever what happened the last couple games hahahahah yuck it up hahahah look at the other team getting walks hahahahaha oh wait they just burned half the lead.

• Haha
Reactions: BusinessGoose

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Thank you Block and Walk for changing your f*****"**"g tones. Urgency. Throw strikes. You assholes.

Hahahahahahaha Bailey Falter's gonna win gonna shut out the Braves first time ever what happened the last couple games hahahahah yuck it up hahahah look at the other team getting walks hahahahaha oh wait they just burned half the lead.
Block is absolutely brutal. Boring as heck. As stated above, has done this a few times this year, calls the outcome of the game before it's over. And he asks the color guys the most inane questions. This is one of a handful of ridiculous questions he has asked this year. "do you find that the team plays better when you have everyone of the players on the team contributing?" To Wehner, who left about 5 seconds of dead air because he was shocked to be asked that question.

I have not heard a worse PBP Pirates announcer.

EDIT: not watching the game just the box, and of course we gave up 5 runs in the 8th. That's what we do.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Block is absolutely brutal. Boring as heck. As stated above, has done this a few times this year, calls the outcome of the game before it's over. And he asks the color guys the most inane questions. This is one of a handful of ridiculous questions he has asked this year. "do you find that the team plays better when you have everyone of the players on the team contributing?" To Wehner, who left about 5 seconds of dead air because he was shocked to be asked that question.

I have not heard a worse PBP Pirates announcer.

I just think Block is not attuned to the attitude of the fans the way Brown is.

As I have said before, Cherington's best quote ever was acknowledging that being a Pirate fan is being a part of "collective trauma." Brown understands that. Block does not. To yuck it up in the 8th inning after the last 48 hours is so irresponsible. Walk played into it too

Reactions: td_ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad