OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Beavis And Butt Head Slap GIF | GIFDB.com
well thought out response. I should know better than to post for outside the box thinking on webs. Take comfort that our management lacks in vision as well............ Let's keep the status quo and strive for mediocrity...........This is the current state of the entire Pittsburgh sports scene.

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
well thought out response. I should know better than to post for outside the box thinking on webs. Take comfort that our management lacks in vision as well............ Let's keep the status quo and strive for mediocrity...........This is the current state of the entire Pittsburgh sports scene.
There's a difference between "outside the box thinking" and flat out asinine pea brained jack assory, trading Skenes in the off season would have made as much sense as the Pens trading Crosby after the 2005 season.

Reactions: TNT87

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Two horrific defensive plays by Rowdy have cost the pirates 7 runs the past two games.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I've never seen a worse defensive team maybe ever.

Bae has the worst arm ever. What an embarrassing throw.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Question: Could you make a strong argument for trading Skenes in the offseason to Baltimore would best the smartest path forward? Before a reactionary NO response, dream up lineup scenario's

Skenes for

Holliday
Ballsallo
The reason I don't think this would work is because it's next to impossible to get a pitcher as good as Skenes. It might be hyperbole to say he's the best pitcher in baseball right now, but besides a lack of experience, he basically has a strong claim to that, and I don't think there's really an equivalent young pitcher who we could project to take over that spot.

We seem to have a very good pitcher development system in place, but there's no guarantee that any of the depth we have become MLB players. Chandler has the upside to be an impact front of rotation guy to go along with Jones and Keller, but it would push the window back further to plan on that and he could be a reliever or a bust.

Adding in Skenes' cheap controllable years makes it impossible for me to dream up any kind of prospect package trade for him.

All that said, I think they definitely need to re-assess whether being too protective of prospects is preventing them from any chance at having enough bats to make anything matter. I firmly believe at this point that Skenes _is_ the window, so if we're too hesitant to trade someone like Chandler for an impactful bat, then I think we need to rethink that approach.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Who knows how long IKF's power lasts, but his defensive versatility is a huge benefit for this team. Really nice to have the flexibility to basically play him anywhere and have easy lineup swaps when you need them.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

metalan2

May 30, 2008
This team is an unfathomable joke. Every single one of their defensive plays they don't make is ALWAYS ruled a hit. This team should have five errors a night.

Ad

Ad

Ad