OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Pristine command from Mitch in the early going.

I would love to see BDLC run into one for his first Pirates HR tonight, though iirc he is a reverse splits guy.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's kinda funny that Bart literally turned into what Davis was projected to be with the Pirates. Bart's is pretty poor defensively and won't hit for a good average, but the dude smokes the ball when he makes contact and is really good at drawing walks. His expected slash line for this year is .234/.332/.433, which isn't as good as what he's actually doing but it's still damn good out of a catcher.

He's kinda crappy defensively so he'll have to hit, but he'll be a very valuable catcher for this team as long as he's hitting. I also think the Bart story is why no one should be writing off Davis yet, even if he has to go to a new team to break out.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It's kinda funny that Bart literally turned into what Davis was projected to be with the Pirates. Bart's is pretty poor defensively and won't hit for a good average, but the dude smokes the ball when he makes contact and is really good at drawing walks. His expected slash line for this year is .234/.332/.433, which isn't as good as what he's actually doing but it's still damn good out of a catcher.

He's kinda crappy defensively so he'll have to hit, but he'll be a very valuable catcher for this team as long as he's hitting. I also think the Bart story is why no one should be writing off Davis yet, even if he has to go to a new team to break out.
This is why you don't close the book so quickly on prospects. Davis is fine

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
If he can't continue, you just know the bullpen isn't holding up.
It seems right on the edge of whether he could stay in or not. He has the inning break working against him too. I think we should probably push it and at least give it a go but an hour is tough.

Looks like the Diamondbacks are putting in Slecconi, so I would guess that's all for Keller.

Reactions: DaveG

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Keller should have kept going. Figures we get f***ed in this situation.

Edit - another inexplicable error for Cruz lol

What a joke.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
McCutcheon is hurt again...

... He's at the age where these muscle strains are getting routine...

It has been very fun, but we can not give him another contract next year

Just taking up too valuable of a slot if we want to win.. Then again, we don't want to win

Reynolds gives us the homer we needed

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
raise it_bryan_reynolds.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
McCutcheon is hurt again...

... He's at the age where these muscle strains are getting routine...

It has been very fun, but we can not give him another contract next year

Just taking up too valuable of a slot if we want to win.. Then again, we don't want to win

Reynolds gives us the homer we needed

I'm pretty much at the point of hoping he retires just so they don't re-sign him. He's still an effective player but they should be targeting better than him in the DH spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00