OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Cruz missile on 2nd.

Rowdy "The camera ads 10lbs" Tellez, yeah no hope.

I take it back, atta boy Tellez.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
giphy.gif

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
That's a really tough one. I'm tempted to hang that on Holderman alone because I just don't trust him anymore, but the obvious reality is that we lost because the Diamondbacks bats absolutely went nuclear with the HRs.

We had a couple shots to hit game changing HRs and couldn't do it.

We've seen a lot of really challenging situations and bouncing back from this will be up there with all of them. I'm glad we have Keller going tomorrow.

Reactions: td_ice

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Hopefully Shelton is quick to act. I think it's too difficult to blame it entirely on him for the same reason I think it's too difficult to blame Wednesday entirely on Cruz, but in both cases, they were enormous and direct reasons we lost the game.

This bullpen has set a standard where it slams the door shut with a late lead. We had the chance to do that tonight and failed, simple as that.

Shelton is a little bit hard to figure out on this score, because he is a player's manager while also being aggressive and new school about a lot of things. I think removing Holderman from his leverage role leans more new school- there shouldn't be dedicated 7th and 8th inning guys anyways. We've leaned that way for a bit, but we need it put into practice with him now. Nicolas or Stratton should be given an opportunity next time we need leverage late and it's not Chapman or Bednar.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

IKF playing 2nd to start, which is to be expected. This is a question for next year but I'm curious to see where he plays when Gonzales is healthy.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
No two ways about it tonight, you have to take this one. Not just in terms of battling with the Dbacks and generally jockeying for position, but I think to put your foot down and prevent any bleeding.

The stretch after the all star break has been very solid, but feels like it's teetering on the brink after that tough loss.

Montgomery has been very hittable and generally very bad, but still turned in some half decent starts that keep his team in the game into the 5-6 innings. Keller has stepped up repeatedly. We need to come out roaring and take back the momentum.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00