OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Cutch is getting too much run, but he's still 3rd on this team with 13 HR and .700 OPS.

Ironic given who contributed tonight, but the lack of any production from the non-Reynolds OF and Grandal are the bigger issues in my eyes. The broadcast said Hayes hadn't drawn a walk in some 80 AB's and then draws two tonight.

No doubt that the OF is a bigger issue and so is Grandal / (Delay/Davis).
A play for Rooker is simply going big at addressing the offense by getting the best hitter available and controllable for multiple years.

As much as the bottom of our lineup sucks, teams around the league have dog crap in the bottom half of their lineup. Pitching is so comically good these days that it is overwhelming. Look at the Dodgers even. Garbage outside of 5 guys.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

Maybe we should not be pushing Cherington to make a deal. While he does some things well as a GM, his player acquisitions in trades and free agency is decidedly not one of them.

I feel like a lot of that was players leaving here and doing better elsewhere, not so much the trades shouldn’t have happened. They’ve also been pretty consistent sellers, so you’ll usually get the worse player(s) in return.

I dunno. I just want them to do literally anything.

Reactions: DaveG

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Queue the “well what do you want them to do, they are competing with the big market Astros and Yankees for these guys! They can’t compete with those teams when it comes to trading for guys!”

I feel like a team source is just telling these guys the pirates have made a phone call about a player, so we’re named haha.
This is absolutely 100% what’s happening. They want their name out there for these guys because it gives off the appearance they actually tried. The reality is they probably placed a phone call, got rebuffed because they made some shit offer and then never talked about that player again.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Queue the “well what do you want them to do, they are competing with the big market Astros and Yankees for these guys! They can’t compete with those teams when it comes to trading for guys!”

This is absolutely 100% what’s happening. They want their name out there for these guys because it gives off the appearance they actually tried. The reality is they probably placed a phone call, got rebuffed because they made some shit offer and then never talked about that player again.
It happens every year. We have apparently been in on every significant player but somehow never manage to land one.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Will you settle for third?

1722352910960.png

I'd rather use that ammo on a quality outfielder anyway, and flat out didn't want to see Ashcraft moved to begin with.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
According to DK, Cherington has been told by Bob Nutting and Travis Williams to do something to improve this year's team. DK thinks he's going to take on a contract so he can avoid giving anything up and that the money has been approved already.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I want any bats that are hitting above like .240 to come in here and help. I don’t really care what position other than LF or SS because the others have either been inconsistent or flat out suck production wise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad