OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
1722365841086.png

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not surprised they're out on Diaz tbh, it sucks but it's not surprising.

I'm anticipating De La Cruz as their addition, which does benefit the team but is mostly pretty meh.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

“What do you guys want them to do?!?!? Small market… can’t compete with the Yankees and Astros!!!!!! Just can’t compete!”
They just said on mlb network Diaz might not even be traded
They also said theres a bunch of old experience gms who will put out take it or leave it offers out in an hour and force the younger gm to make a decision

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I'm still way more mad that Cherington didn't offer up more for Chisholm to beat the Yankees offer than I am on them not trading top prospects for a 33 year old Diaz.
Chisholm said he is happy to be a Yankee because they told him he would be strictly an infielder

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think Yorke probably gets a stretch with the team starting at some point in August.
Yeah they asked Shelton about this. Plans to use Yorke to fill Gonzo injury?

"Not in the short term. He's not on the 40 right now. So there would have to be a corresponding move. But perhaps later in the season, depending on where we are at. We gotta see him for awhile. But he is some we have liked a lot."

The gist I got from hearing Shelton, and I could be totally wrong, is that he meant Yorke could get playing time late in the season if we are out of contention.

FWIW....theFAN mentioned Noah Hiles as hearing from sources inside the organization, "that Cherrington won't make a move unless it's perfect." Whatever perfect means, I dunno.

Reactions: DaveG

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah they asked Shelton about this. Plans to use Yorke to fill Gonzo injury?

"Not in the short term. He's not on the 40 right now. So there would have to be a corresponding move. But perhaps later in the season, depending on where we are at. We gotta see him for awhile. But he is some we have liked a lot."

The gist I got from hearing Shelton, and I could be totally wrong, is that he meant Yorke could get playing time late in the season if we are out of contention.

They just cleared a spot on the 40 man by trading Priester though, this seems like a lame excuse.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Dan Z. was/is on theFAN right now, as topic is obviously trade talk.

The panel was making guesses as to who, if anyone, we will get. They seemed to settle on Bryan De La Cruz. No inside info, but just guesses.

Depending on the price, I would be Ok with that. Better than nothing.

What do you guys think?

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

The panel was making guesses as to who, if anyone, we will get. They seemed to settle on Bryan De La Cruz. No inside info, but just guesses.

What do you guys think?
I think it would be a massive failure of a deadline to only bring in one bat that is going to see any significant time on the major league roster.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

What do you guys think?
I figured it would be him and Cederic Mullins BDL can hit 5th and play RF for the next 2 seasons

Reactions: DaveG and td_ice

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
De La Cruz is a solid target that should be able to fill the RF role for the next few years. I don't want to diss on him as a target, my only complaint with him is that he's pretty poor defensively. He's basically just another Lane Thomas type of guy, who's not a sexy starter but is still a decent starter IMO.

That doesn't change that CF was by far their biggest hole now and going forward, and they did nothing to address that. If their deadline was adding both Chisholm and De La Cruz, I'd be extremely happy with the deadline.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
De La Cruz is a solid target that should be able to fill the RF role for the next few years. I don't want to diss on him as a target, my only complaint with him is that he's pretty poor defensively. He's basically just another Lane Thomas type of guy, who's not a sexy starter but is still a decent starter IMO.

That doesn't change that CF was by far their biggest hole now and going forward, and they did nothing to address that. If their deadline was adding both Chisholm and De La Cruz, I'd be extremely happy with the deadline.
De La Cruz isn’t a bad target at all. I probably will like the move if it ends up happening. My biggest issue isn’t Bryan De La Cruz. It would be him being the only addition to the major league roster. They need at least 2 good hitters. He’s only 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad