OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Might as well dump the relievers since they aren't going to bother trying to improve the team for this year.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Greg Brown was just on. I do like him as an announcer, but some of his answers were just embarrassing water carrying for GMBC. I won't list the ridiculous things (imo) he said now. But perhaps if we do nothing.

Not saying he knows something, but he was strongly hinting that they will do something before the deadline today, and that all talk bashing BC is wrong, "because they have two hours left. They will do something." He was mildly pissed off at any suggestion Cherrington isn't doing anything.

I'll give him credit if he is right, and we make an impactful trade.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Listening to espn and mlb network talk about the deadline they both said there wasn’t a true number 1 available and the 2 number 2 starters are costing alot., middle reliever and closers are getting more back then normal
They said theres no game changing bat lots of platoon guys teams want more than the players worth talking about Conforto

Reactions: td_ice and DaveG

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Greg Brown was just on. I do like him as an announcer, but some of his answers were just embarrassing water carrying for GMBC. I won't list the ridiculous things (imo) he said now. But perhaps if we do nothing.

Not saying he knows something, but he was strongly hinting that they will do something before the deadline today, and that all talk bashing BC is wrong, "because they have two hours left. They will do something." He was mildly pissed off at any suggestion Cherrington isn't doing anything.

I'll give him credit if he is right, and we make an impactful trade.
Yeah I heard what he said as well. It bugged the hell out of me. I understand you work for the team and the radio station your on is the station that the games are on… but that doesn’t mean you just have to a be a shill for the team.

Reactions: td_ice

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Seems like a decent bet that BDLC could also go out in this firesale, but I guess they could also just keep him and see if he improves any next year. It's hard to say.

He would be pretty underwhelming as the main addition. Even if you just got one additional supplementary bat, that would help out. BDLC by himself would just be better than the terrible depth that we currently have, along with some occasional HRs.

Reactions: td_ice

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Really frustrating to just wait so long with nothing, no news, no rumor, no move.

The price for relievers will make it a huge missed opportunity to move Chapman if we stand pat. For me, BDLC is not the kind of piece you acquire and then take a stand by keeping Chapman. I would kind of respect the brashness of it, but it would be a real headscratcher, and that's even assuming we get someone like BDLC or similar, which, who knows.

I still find Oakland being quiet to be suspicious. But that's probably just cope on my part, and even if they did move Rooker, I'd imagine San Diego or someone would get him.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I dunno. I’d be fine with just DLC. But I’m NOT ok with doing nothing.

DLC at least becomes one of our top HR guys and producer. I just hope it’s gonna happen.

Reactions: DaveG

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This may be famous last words, but if Shim is being mentioned as the first prospect going back, I'm inclined to think the return is pretty insignificant. Probably Shim and some lower minors prospect years away if I had to guess.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad