OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Cruz might be pound for pound the most absurd power hitter in the game, 128 feet high and 472 feet long. Its not like he's built like Judge, Tall, but he's still kind of skinny, no clue how hes able to hit these bombs consistently.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'd be pretty aggressive with Oakland for Rooker. There is no real reason for them to keep him. He's going to get a hefty raise in arb, and they aren't close to competing. Rooker has 3 years of control meaning he'd be here for the first part of a potential window.

Rooker IS the type of guy who moves the offensive needle. He'd instantly be the biggest HR threat and frankly overall one as it were, when you look at what he's done since last year.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Man Cruz hits some bombs.

This still has the feel of a game where they get 3 hits and strike out 14 times but at least they scored.

Cruz might be pound for pound the most absurd power hitter in the game, 128 feet high and 472 feet long. Its not like he's built like Judge, Tall, but he's still kind of skinny, no clue how hes able to hit these bombs consistently.
Nice to see after the gongshow he batted last night lol

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Should be Gone-zo, sorry buddy... You aren't doing it

Now we're doing two errors per play

Welcome back to Pirates Baseball

Thanks owners. f***ed the year in the span of two days.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I'd be pretty aggressive with Oakland for Rooker. There is no real reason for them to keep him. He's going to get a hefty raise in arb, and they aren't close to competing. Rooker has 3 years of control meaning he'd be here for the first part of a potential window.

Rooker IS the type of guy who moves the offensive needle. He'd instantly be the biggest HR threat and frankly overall one as it were, when you look at what he's done since last year.
But he isn’t a position of “need” because he’s only a DH… or something like that.

It would be smart to hold steady this season and spend in the offseason, no prospects lost.
I mean…. That’s just simply not going to happen though

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
OAK isn't gonna sell

Theres no reason with them being 3+ years away from Vegas when they're not even paying much to their guys

They'll run it back like us

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003

My guess is that some of the loud public signaling that they aren't selling him is just posturing, but I also bet they would ask for a hefty price, especially a headliner.

Oakland has been willing to take quantity and floor over quality in previous trades. The x-factor with Rooker is that he's still not going to be expensive for them... I think it's a decent bet that he will get a modest arbitration salary or two the next two years and then there will be a decline in production.

Only thing I can guess is that Oakland could view getting something like Harrington/Ashcraft + Peguero as two players who will definitely contribute. Maybe Davis would make sense for them as well.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
OAK isn't gonna sell

Theres no reason with them being 3+ years away from Vegas when they're not even paying much to their guys

They'll run it back like us
Yeah, heard on the Fan today that Oakland said they will not trade either Bleday or Rooker. At least that's their "for public consumption" statement.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The one downside of having Ortiz in the rotation is that you can't turn to him as a bulk reliever in games like these. That role now falls to Priester, who just simply can't do it as well as Ortiz can.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Damn, Priester with a horrible inning. Need to get some scoreless sides from ARI, but no.

Worst part is they didn't really do much to earn it. Single, then HBP, and then couldn't throw a strike, walks next guy, and now bases loaded. Couldn't get a ground ball after that. Two deep flys generates two runs on sac flies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad