Race for the Calder

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
If Kurashev continues to centre Kane and Dcat expect his numbers to increase. He is off to a great start as well.

Reactions: LAINEC

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Stutzle is looking better every game (can't say the same for the rest of his team) and scored his 3rd goal last night. I'd expect to see his name in this race very soon.

Last edited:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Man, everyone was so sure it'd be Shesterkin, Samsonov or Sorokin, and all 3 have looked pretty mediocre or downright bad to start here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lafreniere isn’t going to be in contention. Just not good enough right now unfortunately.

Miller probably won’t be in serious contention. He’s been really good, but he doesn’t play PP and won’t pile up high point totals. If he gets top 5, that’ll be great. Top 10 seems very possible.

Shestyorkin is well placed. Started slightly slow, but picking it up and his stats are pretty good through 7 starts. The competition doesn’t look too tough. None of the defensemen are that good, and I expect the Hawks goalie to fall off like the Caps kid did. We’ll be there in contention when the season ends. Probably against Kaprizov for the title.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Off topic and not pointing the finger at anybody in particular but really struggling with this. Is it too much to ask that we all use player names? Does it take too much time to type out 6 or 7 letters?

What happens when Pierre Olivier Simard plays by the way?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
You never heard of Patrick O'Sullivan. It's been done.

don't forget shane o'brien

2451-obrien-flickr.jpg

Reactions: A1LeafNation

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
My 'so far' rookie team

Stutzle, OTT
Norris, OTT
Kaprizov, MIN
Smith, NJD
Miller, NYR
Vanecek, WAS

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
with the lack of balance of games played it's tough to compare players. using per game stats instead also doesn't do justice, as the sample sizes are too small.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Live look on the race for the Calder.

Pretty much. It's been a full season so far for rookies. I'm frankly shocked at Laf's struggles this year. I know not everyone is a Matthews or McDavid but there's a difference between not being this two and what's going on with Lafreniere. That's a legit story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad