Draft R5 #159: Rangers select RD Vittorio "Victor" Mancini (Omaha, NCAA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
mans got lots of tools. skating, stickhandling, size, physicality. he absolutely needs time with the big club in Lindgren's absence.

I was confident he would look good in at least the AHL but I am very pleased with how he's looked here.

OTGHockey

Mar 25, 2022
outsidethegarden.com
The other thing to consider about Mancini is that he hasn't played much in his career to date, and what we're seeing in terms of his ability is more of an evolution even from when they drafted him.

The offensive side he's shown in these preseason games is even more of a recent development, though certainly encouraging.

I've liked what I've seen of him, and perhaps they give him a cameo to start, but I think it's worth tempering expectations. I certainly don't see him as being obviously better than Lindgren or Trouba yet (and I'm definitely not a fan of Trouba), but he might be a worthy right-side replacement for Trouba next year.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The other thing to consider about Mancini is that he hasn't played much in his career to date, and what we're seeing in terms of his ability is more of an evolution even from when they drafted him.

The offensive side he's shown in these preseason games is even more of a recent development, though certainly encouraging.

I've liked what I've seen of him, and perhaps they give him a cameo to start, but I think it's worth tempering expectations. I certainly don't see him as being obviously better than Lindgren or Trouba yet (and I'm definitely not a fan of Trouba), but he might be a worthy right-side replacement for Trouba next year.

Oh man, OTG! Brings me backup to like 20 years ago I used to post there but it didn't have quite the volume I like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad