GDT: R1G6 | Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders | April 28th | 7:00 PM | F/2-1 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
I know it's your shtick, but Josh Bailey could not possibly be worse than Clutterbuck has been this series. NYI could use a little extra skill + a little more between the ears. He's got a much better chance of being good in a big moment than Clutterbuck.
I don't disagree, but the "identity" line gets a pass, always. You know if Bailey was to be put in by the coach tonight, it'd be at the expense of Fasching or Engvall...

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't disagree, but the "identity" line gets a pass, always. You know if Bailey was to be put in by the coach tonight, it'd be at the expense of Fasching or Engvall...
That's the point, that line is behind the play. Time to move on. Fasching & Engvall contribute. Clutterbuck hasn't. Martin's contribution has been (at least) balanced out by his mistakes. But I see the point in dressing Martin.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I know it's your shtick, but Josh Bailey could not possibly be worse than Clutterbuck has been this series. NYI could use a little extra skill + a little more between the ears. He's got a much better chance of being good in a big moment than Clutterbuck.
Shtick? No bruh -- there is zero reason to remove clutterbuck who has assets and replace with Bailey who brings ZERO offense and defense to the table.

If we lose tonight, Ill still be partying because this would be the last game Bailey should be on the roster.

EFF BAILEY!!!!!!

Just win you pieces of shit

Harsh.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I absolutely hated the Clutter deal primarily related to the likelihood of injury and of course also the potential for an age related decline in play.

With the above being said I was somewhat surprised during the season when he made
an occasional contribution.

Fast forward to the playoffs and I completely agree with you. He’s been brutal. I’m sure he’d like to be a physical presence but he almost never gets the chance because he’s out of the play.

Hard to imagine but Bailey would be a better choice.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
It’s been a grueling week, but I’ll be at the game tonight. Need to wake the f*** up, hopefully the boys are in better shape than I am.

I just hope that this game doesn’t go to OT, because there’s no way I’ll be able to stay awake on the trains back to NJ.

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
Again, I want to see Bailey over Clutterbuck.

Looking at this as two games... I think NYI only have a chance to win the series if they get a comfortable lead in this one pretty early. I expect a close win will cost them too much going into game 7.
Bailey's one virtue--that even the haters should acknowledge--is he doesn't take stupid penalties. In fact, Bailey is such a goody two-shoes that he's kind of a referee's pet: 6 PIM in 71 playoff games. For a team that absolutely must stay out of the box, Bailey's invisibility, even to the refs, has an unexpected benefit.

I'm still angry at Martin for that penalty at the end of the first period in game 4. Veterans are supposed to be smart.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Bailey's one virtue--that even the haters should acknowledge--is he doesn't take stupid penalties. In fact, Bailey is such a goody two-shoes that he's kind of a referee's pet: 6 PIM in 71 playoff games. For a team that absolutely must stay out of the box, Bailey's invisibility, even to the refs, has an unexpected benefit.

I'm still angry at Martin for that penalty at the end of the first period in game 4. Veterans are supposed to be smart.
Easy to not take penalties when you’re never involved in the play ;)

Reactions: MJF

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
If the place is rockin like last Friday, should give the team a little lift, hopefully.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad