GDT: R1G6 | Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders | April 28th | 7:00 PM | F/2-1 OTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I want to see Horvat show up. He was brought in for this precise situation; to f***ing score. Yeah, he's doing the little things; as a core player, he's here to do those, and put the f***ing puck in the net. I would've preferred a true, consistent sniper for the investment, as I've articulated well before this post.

Ghost of Arbour

Dec 23, 2022
Best we’ve played consistently all series and we only have a 1 goal lead to show for it. This third period is going to be heart attack inducing
I think like 85% of this game has been played along the boards in our zone.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Best we’ve played consistently all series and we only have a 1 goal lead to show for it. This third period is going to be heart attack inducing

There isn't a better argument for stopping filling out the roster with middle 6 forwards and spend all resouces on improving the 1st line.

That or draft better, but you have to have draft picks to do that.

Reactions: SI90

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I want to see Horvat show up. He was brought in for this precise situation; to f***ing score. Yeah, he's doing the little things; as a core player, he's here to do those, and put the f***ing puck in the net. I would've preferred a true, consistent sniper for the investment, as I've articulated well before this post.
Calling him pathetic would be an understatement.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Calling him pathetic would be an understatement.

I'm not going to do that b/c he's 'doing the little things,' with that said, he is here to rip twine. I don't give a f*** if he can't pass, if he doesn't control offensive zone time. Put the f***ing puck in the net. Looking deeper, perhaps he doesn't have the talent around him here to do that.

Oh man, we've heard that about so many Islanders. It truly comes down to *elite talent, this franchise hasn't had it for years. It's not meant as a symposium on negativity, just clarity.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
There isn't a better argument for stopping filling out the roster with middle 6 forwards and spend all resouces on improving the 1st line.

That or draft better, but you have to have draft picks to do that.

Uh oh. This sentence and then sentence in small font reminds me of a loooong time ago.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sorokin doing his best to keep us up. We need to step up in front of him. Can’t keep giving them chances and we need to score

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Does Romanov have a tick or something? Always snapping his head

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Jesus Christ. You can’t let that stay in the zone when there’s a pile in front of the net. Gotta stop with the bad turnovers

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Felt like they were channelling Barry Trotz the 1st 2 periods, but I see they've gone back to the Lane Lambert Isles for the 3rd.

Reactions: Lame Lambert

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Dumb icing by Clutterbuck, he had all the time to reset by giving it to the defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad