Confirmed with Link: Quinn Hughes wins the James Norris Memorial Trophy (Top Defensemen)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
this is fantastic and well deserved. also a real milestone for this franchise to me as a longtime fan. we have never to my recall had a norris finaliist before let alone a winner and we have never had a dman in his class. hughes is an amazing player who makes us better and leads the team.

also, not a popular thing to say but every canuck fan owes a debt to benning and weisbrod for hughes. right after detroit passed on hughes when their coach had just had him at the wc tournament, those two guys were clearly super excited to get hims and benning was dead right about the home run. i know people here hate to give credit to benning for anything, let alone weisbrod, but this time it is due. i tip my hat to them and thank them for finally getting us a 1d.

Reactions: bh53

lawrence

May 19, 2012
No, it wasn't.

I follow that page and it's his own winners through a vote of people that follow him.

In his version, the followers voted Kucherov as the winner for Hart. Everything else was the same.
yea but if you scroll right or left it shows the voting break downs.

this was accidental leak I think.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
You feel he's got what it takes to bring a cup to Vancouver. I hope this inspires Pettersson's competitive streak and next season is perfect for Canuck fans.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I knocked his d hard first few years and can't be happier matured he learned and uses the amazing skating and smarts to be a solid dman.
Doubt it'll be his last congratulations cap )

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
You feel he's got what it takes to bring a cup to Vancouver. I hope this inspires Pettersson's competitive streak and next season is perfect for Canuck fans.

The players sounded like sharks who just got a taste of fresh blood. Hoping this will morph into frenzied motivation for the ultimate glory.

• Haha
Reactions: quat

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
He's no Jim Sandlak, that's for sure.
Sure, but who is?

1719546482530.png

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
forget higher in hart voting, he should have won the hart, full stop

that speech, what a gentleman. and so prepared and rehearsed. that is a man who knew without a shadow of a doubt he was the best dman in the league.

we went so long without anything resembling a franchise dman, and i always thought, if we ever get one it will be transformative like nothing we’ve ever seen before. a true franchise dman will affect every inch of the ice. and you know, it turned out to be true. more than two superstar wingers finishing second and third in scoring, more than even an mvp and selke 1-2 punch down the middle, finally having a franchise d is just an absolute revelation. he is an engine like i’ve never seen on this team before.

we are so lucky

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kinda surprised the vote wasn't even very close.....Quinn captured all but 22 first place votes with 178 in total.

The Canucks first Norris Trophy winner after 54 seasons. And if he stays healthy, he's still young enough that he could win a few more. A special talent and one of the most dynamic players in the history of the franchise.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I'll admit, I never thought his defensive play would be good enough this soon. I figured he'd eventually win the Norris purely on his offensive play.
thank Adam foote, Gonchar and Tocchet for it. Tocchets philosophy is 5% better. 5% better. What can you do to make yourselves 5% better ?

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's disappointing that he wasn't able to carry that level of play throughout the playoffs, or we would have likely gone much further.

Having said that - the single most dominant season by a defenceman in team history. He was f***ing ridiculous for all 82 in the regular season.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
"That's a small body, gentlemen" - Brian Burke

Side note, I did enjoy what Burke said about the draft interview process and how he would ask a random question to throw the prospects off, as most of them were likely to give coached answers to the standard questions.

And how he said Yakupov was an arrogant little shit who got put on the Leafs' no draft list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad