Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Does Campbell get traded or waived for purpose of a buyout tomorrow? Does Nurse-Ceci get a 4th year together to make sure that all Oilers fans have gray hair regardless of their age or does JJ have mercy on our souls and hair color and move out at least one of them? Does Kane get moved?

Reactions: McDoused

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Enough will get done to not be a legitimate threat of winning the Stanley Cup.

If we rid the team of one questionable contract or add a player that makes the team stronger another bad contract will be added or we will lose a useful player to kick the team down a notch.

Have to keep Bettman and the Board of Governors happy. Keep that revenue sharing train a rollin'.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Seeing the pick Holland had to use to dump Kassian end up being half the package for Utah to bring in a top4 rightie kind of hurts.
It's probably going to be easier (to trade a roster player) once teams have an idea of who they've missed out on.

What we paid to be rid of Kassian doesn't really have much of an impact since the flat cap isn't exactly a thing anymore.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Is it crazy the one outside UFA (so not counting re-signs) I'd love to see signed is Maroon?

He one of the few options out there that gives you a legit backup to both Kane's sheriff and Hyman's net front roles, and we know he's a great fit in the room. Plus best of all he shouldn't break the bank to sign.

Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Kane
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Maroon-
McLeod-Lavoie
Ryan

I like the look of that forward core. Yes, there's a few questions *glances at Holloway in the top 6*, but I don't mind giving him (and Lavoie) a long look to start the year. Assuming the only other moves are a Campbell buyout and a 1mil #7 defenceman, you'd still have around 2mil in cap space, so upgrades aren't off the table.

Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Is it crazy the one outside UFA (so not counting re-signs) I'd love to see signed is Maroon?

He one of the few options out there that gives you a legit backup to both Kane's sheriff and Hyman's net front roles, and we know he's a great fit in the room. Plus best of all he shouldn't break the bank to sign.

Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Kane
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Maroon-
McLeod-Lavoie
Ryan

I like the look of that forward core. Yes, there's a few questions *glances at Holloway in the top 6*, but I don't mind giving him (and Lavoie) a long look to start the year. Assuming the only other moves are a Campbell buyout and a 1mil #7 defenceman, you'd still have around 2mil in cap space, so upgrades aren't off the table.

Add in Arvidsson and I like it. Draisaitl needs a better winger.

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Lavoie

It almost seems like a waste to have Holloway and McLeod on the 4th line but I think it's almost like having a 3A and a 3B.

I think Kane can bounce back from injury but if not then you go back to Holloway in the top 6. Or if an injury occurs.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019

Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Kane
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Maroon-
McLeod-Lavoie
Ryan

Too many miles in Maroon, I think we need to be trying a bit more speed. We don’t need the experience anymore, the core just got 2 periods away from winning.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Too many miles in Maroon, I think we need to be trying a bit more speed. We don’t need the experience anymore, the core just got 2 periods away from winning.
We need to find the next 26 year old Patrick Maroon and trade for that guy. Better yet, the next Dakota Joshua. Then find more players like that. Maybe one for the defense.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Lavoie

It almost seems like a waste to have Holloway and McLeod on the 4th line but I think it's almost like having a 3A and a 3B.

I think Kane can bounce back from injury but if not then you go back to Holloway in the top 6. Or if an injury occurs.

I do like that idea a lot if one (or both) of Brown and Janmark move on for a bigger payday. Imo the ideal spot for Holloway is on the 3rd line line, even if I am curious to see him start on McDavid's wing.

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson/Any-big-name-still-without-a-dance-partner-come-August
Holloway-Henrique-Christian Fischer-type
Maroon-McLeod-Lavoie

I'm not after Maroon for his experience, rather I want one more heavy 225lb+ PF on the roster, and he's likely the best bang-for-puck on the market, even at 36.

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I do like that idea a lot if one (or both) of Brown and Janmark move on for a bigger payday. Imo the ideal spot for Holloway is on the 3rd line line, even if I am curious to see him start on McDavid's wing.

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
Maroon-McLeod-Lavoie

I'm not after Maroon for his experience, rather I want one more heavy 225lb+ PF on the roster, and he's likely the best bang-for-puck on the market, even at 36.

I'd look at a guy like Duhaime but I think he might make too much for a 4th liner. Maroon 5 years ago would be great. We need toughness in the bottom 6 but they need to skate. I wonder if Lafferty would sign here for cheap?

Reactions: Macheteops

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
Maroon-McLeod-Lavoie

I’m just afraid he can’t get from a to B quick enough to be an effective power forward. Guys like that tend to have a very extreme drop off and then can become pretty useless.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Kane-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Lavoie

Arvidsson also has a bunch of miles on him and might be looking for a retirement contract. Still I like his style.

He missed 50 games last year with a bad back then had a lower body injury soon as he returned. He's 31.

Maybe the injuries will scare teams off and he'd sign a one year show me contract to play next to Draisaitl. He could have a career year then cash in.

Reactions: McDrai

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Maroon makes Corey Perry look fast. Hard No.
And if we keep Kane I can't see Maroon on this team.

I'll always be pissed at Maroon for being so careless when someone is down flat on the ice in a vulnerable position.

Finally, the player had a chance to play here and he said no thanks.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Kane
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Maroon-
McLeod-Lavoie
Ryan

You know who is worse than Perry? It's Maroon

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don't think we need to add a single top 9 forward ..
We should be focusing on defense and maybe a goalie.

Pesce would be my only big name target.
Askarov the only goalie target.

You know who is worse than Perry? It's Maroon
I would take both Perry and Maroon on this team for 1M each.

• Wow
Reactions: TKB21

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I don't think we need to add a single top 9 forward ..
We should be focusing on defense and maybe a goalie.

Pesce would be my only big name target.
Askarov the only goalie target.

I would take both Perry and Maroon on this team for 1M each.

With Pickard signing we arent in the goalie market (unless you want a guy like Copley competing for that 3G). Askarov might want to tandem with Skinner but once again doesn't make sense with Pickard signing here.

Pesce is already going to New Jersey by the sounds of it and why they dealt Marino.

I'd like to add a top 4 dman to play with Nurse as well.

Can we stop with Lavoie? He's awful

Shiny toy syndrom here.

How is Lavoie a shiny new toy? He's been in the system for like 6 years. We need to get younger, faster and heavier in the bottom 6. Might as well try Lavoie their if we can't get a proven guy for cheap.

That would be quite the waste of 2 million. Both of these players are cooked and should retire

I'm okay with one of them at league minimum but not two.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
With Pickard signing we arent in the goalie market (unless you want a guy like Copley competing for that 3G). Askarov might want to tandem with Skinner but once again doesn't make sense with Pickard signing here.

Pesce is already going to New Jersey by the sounds of it and why they dealt Marino.

I'd like to add a top 4 dman to play with Nurse as well.

How is Lavoie a shiny new toy? He's been in the system for like 6 years. We need to get younger, faster and heavier in the bottom 6. Might as well try Lavoie their if we can't get a proven guy for cheap.

I'm okay with one of them at league minimum but not two.
Shiny new toy for Oilers fans who haven't seen him. He's slow and 5 on 5 he's useless. Won't be an NHL player.

We are in a must win season, he's not the answer.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Lavoie will get more than a fair shake during training camp, he's waiver eligible. For the second year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad