Confirmed with Link: Quinn Hughes wins the James Norris Memorial Trophy (Top Defensemen)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Can we all take time to truly appreciate the GM who was responsible for bringing Hughes to Vancouver?

2024-06-27 16_47_14-Window.png

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Tier 3B defenseman.

Really loving the five 3rd place votes he received, I assume they're coming from Terry Jones, Mark Spector, and Jim Matheson plus whoever gave a 1st place vote for Adam Fox lol

Reactions: bh53

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Well deserved. My hope is that people outside of Canucks nation will understand that he's pretty damned good defensively and not just an offensive defenseman.

On second thought, I don't want them to think that until after he signs his next contract with the Canucks.

• Haha
Reactions: quat

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Man, I remember that draft like it was yesterday. Arguing about size/skill. Going back and forth on Bouchard/Dobson/Hughes. Projecting him out to be a PPQB, or more... Now look at him!

Congratulations to the Jewel Thief!

What an absolute home run pick this was and I'm glad this franchise was the beneficiary of it. Could not be happier for him.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Far and away the Norris winner, as is deserved. Makar really wasnt in the discussion and Josi being good at similar things but being worse at those things than Hughes. Some delusional votes for Bouchard but thats to be expected.

Reactions: lawrence

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Hughes was the clearcut winner on the votes this year and rightfully so. Such an amazing year for Quinn and it's amazing to see him to make Canucks history as the first Canuck defenseman to win the Norris. Already the best defenseman in franchise history and he hasn't even scratched the surface. It is known now throughout the league on just how good Hughes is, finally getting the respect around the NHL that he always deserved. Amazing to see Quinn get immensely better each year, and I am looking forward to what he improves in his game for next season. Such an amazing player and I am so honored to call him a Vancouver Canuck. A real pleasure to watch as a Canucks fan.

Congrats Quinn on your first Norris, you certainly deserved it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad