Euro: Quarterfinals - Netherlands v. Türkiye - July 6

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Depay and Bergwijn shooting whenever they get the ball is killing these attacks.
I've probably seen Bergwijn play about 50 games between Spurs and Netherlands. Don't remember any good play from him. What is he even useful for? At least Depay used to be quite the player when he felt like it. And because Gakpo has turned back into a pumpkin tonight, the Dutch are in trouble.

Reactions: gary69

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Depay and Bergwijn shooting whenever they get the ball is killing these attacks.
Turkey is isolating Gakpo so he is wider than that inside left position he has been in. Letting Depay and Bergiwjn have the ball is smart because neither are going to pass so they are just jamming each other up. Would take both off at halftime.

This Arda kid is special. If Madrid have to let him go its going to be another Odegaard level 'mistake'

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Gakpo and Schouten are the first two I'd take out to be honest. Play Depay on the left and Zirkzee/Weghorst centrally, and Vermeer in midfield as he brings a lot more going forward than Schouten.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Turkiye are still good for one more goal. They are giving The Netherlands back line trouble. Perhaps they are not communicating well or they don't trust one another.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Gakpo and Schouten are the first two I'd take out to be honest. Play Depay on the left and Zirkzee/Weghorst centrally, and Vermeer in midfield as he brings a lot more going forward than Schouten.
The first names should be Bergwijn, the guy simply put just had the worst half that I have watched at any point at this Euro. 2nd is Reijnders, what he is exactly? He offer nothing defensively and offensively. Finally Dumfries is dumb as a rock, mind boggling how stupid he gave away the corner and the goal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Turkey is isolating Gakpo so he is wider than that inside left position he has been in. Letting Depay and Bergiwjn have the ball is smart because neither are going to pass so they are just jamming each other up. Would take both off at halftime.

This Arda kid is special. If Madrid have to let him go its going to be another Odegaard level 'mistake'

I like all three of turkey’s young starlets. There’s a very fun generation of European creatives coming through.

Ad

Ad

Ad