Sad but true

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240705_235040_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240705_235040_Instagram.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 1

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Outside of Mbappé, who do you trust to take a PK on that squad?

All of them it seems. I knew Theo F. was good (in Milan he is often 2nd choice taker after Giroud), but all French kicks were quality.

In all likelyhood, it's not going to be an attractive match, but France has a better chance against Spain (especially with their suspensions) than Portugal would have.

Reactions: luiginb

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Ronaldo should really just hang em up at this point. I really wanted to see him win one more time but he just doesn’t have the speed, coordination, and desire. I see him cry a lot but he’s way too old to make an impact anymore. Hes just wasting someone else’s chance to take his role. If anything I don’t know why they don’t bring him on as a late sub.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
All of them it seems. I knew Theo F. was good (in Milan he is often 2nd choice taker after Giroud), but all French kicks were quality.

In all likelyhood, it's not going to be an attractive match, but France has a better chance against Spain (especially with their suspensions) than Portugal would have.
Yeah I wanted Portugal. France is a defensive juggernaut. Yamal and Nico are less useful against a low block, plus I don't trust Navas against Theo, Mbappe or Barcola.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It's crazy to see Ronaldo not even fast enough to run past anyone. I know he was offside but 10 years ago if he gets the ball right there he's GONE.

Of course it's not crazy as he is old, but we don't usually see that with former star players because they quit long before reaching the age Ronaldo is now.

Portugal still has a good team in the foreseeable future, and they can go further when they no longer are shooting themselves in the foot being forced to play Ronaldo.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Barcola most dangerous french player in 15 minutes. Again.

Anyway we have the better goalie, but the worst shooters.
I'm pessimistic.

Hmm...all you shooters did great. I was surprised with the quality of their shots, how many of them usually get to shoot PKs regularly, probably not many.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I want to see France go all the way and win this without scoring a goal in open play. Let’s go win penalty shots against Spain and beat England 1-0 with an own goal!

The shootout against England would be more lols considering the narratives with them in that

Martinez cost us. This game was right there for the taking but we played with 10 men up front, even someone like Jota would have made a significant difference.

f*** off.

Ronaldo shanking that tap-in…..take yourself out back buddy…..

Agree with this, you could tell he was playing for pens and was scared shitless of Dembele one man armying Portugal. Dembele was the best player today and the guy was a sub lol

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hmm...all you shooters did great. I was surprised with the quality of their shots, how many of them usually get to shoot PKs regularly, probably not many.
Me too tbh. Great penalties. You can see that DD learnt his lesson about pens being luck. They worked hard on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad