GDT: Qualifying Round: Penguins vs. Canadiens - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Look out for the old guys tonight. They probably feel 10 years younger than they normally would going into playoff hockey.

the best player I saw today was a rookie—Kubalik

I’m saying all eyes on Marino...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Well, one thing’s for sure, even if the Pens lose 1-0 in OT, it will be Murray’s fault because Letang turned the puck over at the blueline on an OT PP and sent an odd man rush the other way...

Reactions: SouthGeorge

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Think one of the saving graces for us is this MTL team is not good at generating high danger chances.
Thats what i'll be looking for. We keep it all outside, we'll be in good shape. If MTL somehow finds a way inside, we're in trouble.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Gallagher is their spark plug. I want our LD to plant him on his ass every chance they get.

And careful with thier 4th line with Domi on it. It looked good the game i watched. L3 McCann and BART need to be on it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I didn't watch all of the games today. Not even entire games that I did watch.

So take this comment with a grain of salt.

But the checking seemed to be less fierce than in year's past. If so, for good reason. There has to be some wariness regarding this virus.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
First GDT in months, make sure to hit up the OP with a like. :nod:

10 doesn't do it justice. TY. I'd give more if I could, but I don't have any alternate accounts.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

But the checking seemed to be less fierce than in year's past. If so, for good reason. There has to be some wariness regarding this virus.

I haven't noticed a let up in that department and i watched quite a bit of action today. The worry is more of the puck bouncing on bad ice. TOR's ice is definitely a notch worse than EDM but it's held up...ok today. We'll see tonight.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and KIRK

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

I'd say it is more that teams haven't played in 4 months and we are seeing early October hockey.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I didn’t watch entire games either, but still managed to see a pretty nasty head shot that only warranted a 2 minute penalty. The NHL is back!

Reactions: Andy99

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Still doesn't seem real, but here we are. Ready to stress and bitch and moan for who knows how long, hopefully all the way.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
What time does the puck drop? Will there be another 20 minute ceremony? Should we be looking at 8:30 to drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad