GDT: Qualifying Round: Penguins vs. Canadiens - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
He actually had some of the best defensive metrics among forwards in the league this season. Deserves some love.
Pretty sure most of that is dumb luck. Dude caused the whole sequence that led to their 1st goal because he wouldn’t take a hit in Montreal’s zone.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Tbh I'd bump Hornqvist up to the top line because the Habs are trapping the hell out of the game, and I think Hornqvist's grit helps more than Sheary's finesse in this matchup.

I'd do that regardless of what Montreal is doing. I just don't like Sheary there because Sid/Jake need that third guy to win more puck battles and go to the dirty areas where Sheary is simply incapable of doing.

Sheary only helps that line if it's a wide open game and the opposition is giving it time and space to make plays. But as soon as things tighten up, he hurts that line.

Reactions: canadianguy77

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
What does Lafferty really add that Marleau and Sheary haven't?
Speed that Marleau lacks, and someone who could keep up with speed of McCaan. Right now Mccan has to throttle his speed down 3 gears so that Marleau can keep up with play. I noticed Marleau only once so far, McCaan and Horni a lot more.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Lafferty is better than Marleau IMO. Though you can’t pull him out.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Tbh I'd bump Hornqvist up to the top line because the Habs are trapping the hell out of the game, and I think Hornqvist's grit helps more than Sheary's finesse in this matchup.

Only problem is that third line of Marleau-McCann-Sheary would be an even bigger wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad