GDT: Qualifying Round: Penguins vs. Canadiens - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I am not sure why some are saying that the shots were all perimeter shots. The Pens did get in close and created traffic.

Except for the score you couldn't ask for a better start. Pens came ready to play.

Zucker had a tough angle off Geno's sick feed, but I'll bet you he buries that more often than not. Every one of Geno's 3 shots was from the slot, and he was hardly the only one putting shots on from close.

End of the day, the Habs got a bounce and Price stood on his head. Everyone agreed from day one that was Montreal's only chance, so why the crying when it happened for a period?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Honestly, that may have been the best period of hockey I've seen from Malkin in the playoffs in a long time. Flawless decision making. 200 feet. Willing to dump. Thinking shot. Not sure even Price survives two more periods of that. Just keep plugging away and don't press.

Sully needs to pull the trigger and just put Jake with Malkin and Rust to capitalize on Malkin's play. Let Sid sort it out with Zucker and the Timbit, or move someone else up to play with Sid and Zucker who is tall enough to ride the rollercoasters at Disney.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Zucker had a tough angle off Geno's sick feed, but I'll bet you he buries that more often than not. Every one of Geno's 3 shots was from the slot, and he was hardly the only one putting shots on from close.

End of the day, the Habs got a bounce and Price stood on his head. Everyone agreed from day one that was Montreal's only chance, so why the crying when it happened for a period?

I hate that the two of us are the positive ones.

That said, I have never been negative to be negative. Just try to be realistic and honest.

And honestly you couldn't ask for a better start from the Pens except for not hitting the back of the net.

If this play continues the Pens are going to score, and score a lot.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
So hard to make any judgements about these games. They've been not playing for months, had the briefest of exhibitions, and are now expected to play at a high enough level to win a Cup.

I wasn't upset with that period apart from giving up the goal. So :huh:

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Sully needs to pull the trigger and just put Jake with Malkin and Rust to capitalize on Malkin's play. Let Sid sort it out with Zucker and the Timbit, or move someone else up to play with Sid and Zucker who is tall enough to ride the rollercoasters at Disney.

This is where I am. More than ever, Geno has to carry this team. I think Sid is kind of in the position Malkin was in in 2016. They didn't give Malkin Kessel, not just because of lines that did gel but because why waste a great winger on an unhealthy center when the winger is more dangerous with a different center. I think Geuntzel needs to go where he will be most effective, and that's with Geno and Rust.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad