GDT: QF - CAN vs. SVK May 23, 2024

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

@jj cale got bills to pay...

1716487484436.png

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I still remember during his WJC's suggesting he'd be a 60 point guy in his rookie year and that it may take time to become the eventual superstar he will be. I got eviscerated for that take.

And I'm a huge Bedard fan. He seems 'pissy' to me.

Well the kid has always been "the guy" , even on team Canada Jr., where the strategy becomes "Give Bedard the puck" whenever they are behind. Hell, he probably had coaches that just let him go on the ice when he wanted.

Then he got to a point where you can't do it all yourself and where other considerations come into play (ice time, asset management, etc). Chicago is giving him all this ice time , along with prime opportunities, but he is by no means perfect there either. Kid deserves to be in the NHL, dont get me wrong, but he would probably be managed differently if the stakes were differnet (ex: if chicago was in the playoffs).

It's like getting straight As throughout high school without ever studying and then hitting a point in college where that is no longer tenable. You can probably still pass, but to get straight As again, you need to learn to study and have a hard semester before that happens.

Kid's great; he'll be fine.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad