GDT: QF - CAN vs. SVK May 23, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Still a tough out. I'd put them on par with Czechia.

Sweden and the US are probably tougher outs for this squad though.
Agree, but it is the lesser of the evils. Let the U.S. / Czechia / Sweden beat on each other.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
congrats Canada, the better team won.

Just wasn't enough fight in our team to start the game. By the time they got going they were down by 2 and that's a really tall order against Canada.

Slaf finishes with 0 goals, but 8 assists. Too bad he was snakebitten throughout the tournament.

Pospisil was sorely missed today. We missed his fire.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Bedard has NOT done himself any favours this tournament.
I still remember during his WJC's suggesting he'd be a 60 point guy in his rookie year and that it may take time to become the eventual superstar he will be. I got eviscerated for that take.

And I'm a huge Bedard fan. He seems 'pissy' to me.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I still remember during his WJC's suggesting he'd be a 60 point guy in his rookie year and that it may take time to become the eventual superstar he will be. I got eviscerated for that take.

He doesn't handle it well when things don't go his way.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
congrats Canada, the better team won.

Just wasn't enough fight in our team to start the game. By the time they got going they were down by 2 and that's a really tall order against Canada.

Slaf finishes with 0 goals, but 8 assists. Too bad he was snakebitten throughout the tournament.

Pospisil was sorely missed today. We missed his fire.
Good game man.

Reactions: vlady

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

He's got some chipiness to his game and I like that.......he just has to watch himself at critical times.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Gotta remember he hasn't had his 19th birthday yet, and I'm not sure he's ever had a coach tell him 'no' before this week. In Regina, he could do whatever he wanted because he was a human highlight reel. In Chicago, he was the only offense the club had, so why would anyone put any expectations beyond pointing him toward the other team's goal.

Yeah, he's got to grow up, but there's time for that.

And also, life is life.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Gotta remember he hasn't had his 19th birthday yet, and I'm not sure he's ever had a coach tell him 'no' before this week. In Regina, he could do whatever he wanted because he was a human highlight reel. In Chicago, he was the only offense the club had, so why would anyone put any expectations beyond pointing him toward the other team's goal.

And also, life is life.
Well said.

Re : "he's got to grow up"

Yup.

CuuuJooo

May 28, 2021
Binnington continues to worry me. I don't love our chances if it comes down to a goalie battle.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I was there. 1994-1999 Oxford. So was UK base during Euro96. 1996 went to watch two of the Czech games live. Still one of the greatest things that ever happened to me in my life.

Sure, some people say “but what about your wedding, the birth of your two lovely children, bla bla bla”. Fools! Humans are born every day and I am divorced😀. I’d happily die for each of my children, but the sheer joy of that Poborsky goal when it happened???? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: jj cale

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

And also, life is life.
Again... Big fan. I think he's top 5 soon.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Great win by Canada. Notice Brandon Tanev with the chirping toward Slovak players close to the end of the games. The Slovaks should google Brandon Tanev's headshot picture and they'll find out who he is...😆😆😆😆

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad