HF Habs: PWHL: Victoire de Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Brian Burke being the Executive Director gives him the opportunity to put into effect some rules he probably wanted in the NHL, but not enough votes were for those changes. Of course, he's not alone in making these decisions.
The 3 pts rule is something I've seen talked about a lot since OT were added during regular season.

The shorthanded goal stop the PP is probably something coming over to the NHL. The goal is probably to stop all those passive box PK schema...

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The 3 pts rule is something I've seen talked about a lot since OT were added during regular season.

The shorthanded goal stop the PP is probably something coming over to the NHL. The goal is probably to stop all those passive box PK schema...
yeah 3pt games, 1pt tie + a “consolation” + 1 for 5 mins of 3v3 makes sense. Keep everyone skating in late tie games.

I am unsure about the “scoring ends your pk” rule; exciting but feels unfair. Your player out following some charging call and bad fall, they score in your face and then you’re down a player 5v5 and they kick you while you’re down is a pretty crap scenario.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I am unsure about the “scoring ends your pk” rule; exciting but feels unfair. Your player out following some charging call and bad fall, they score in your face and then you’re down a player 5v5 and they kick you while you’re down is a pretty crap scenario.
I don't think changing the rule would makes short handed goals happen more often, since if teams tries to open up more defensively to score a short-handed goal, it also open things for the team on the power play.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
yeah 3pt games, 1pt tie + a “consolation” + 1 for 5 mins of 3v3 makes sense. Keep everyone skating in late tie games.

The point of the 3 points system is that all games are worth 3 points. With the current system the more you go to OT to more points you can make which doesn't make sense (should be the opposite). A team going to OT 82 times would be greatly advantaged (minimum of 82 points if they lose all 82 games). Technically speaking a team could finish the year losing all 82 games and still finish with 82 points. Yes you'll get only a few RW if you go to OT too much which means you wont have the tie break but still it doesn't make sense at all that some games are worth 3 points and other 2 points.

The ch is currently 31st for RW but is 26th for P%. We have been involved in so many OT that we are in front of Buffalo despite having half the RW (7 for CH and 13 for Buffalo). In a 3 points system we would be 28th for P% (behind Buffalo and Ottawa). It's not a huge difference but it at least mathematically makes sense since all games are worth 3 points. The current system is stupid.

You could change the rule so it doesn't apply to 5 min penalty and if it's a 4 min double minor then it only nullify one 2 minutes minor.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
1704239580244.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad