PWHL nicknames announcement happened 9/9/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wildthing202

May 29, 2006
Boston Fleet sounds like a mash-up of TD Bank Garden's old arena/names. Boston Garden and the Fleet Center or a mash-up of two old Boston Area banks in Bank of Boston and Fleet.

• Haha
Reactions: Roadrage

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
So I gotta admit I really dig the name New York Sirens. I like the double meaning - both the mythical, all-female Sirens, but the blaring sirens of the NYPD and NYFD. It gives a really straight-forward logo of, well, a police flashing light (even if you want to get technical the siren is the sound, not the lights).

The other names don't do it so much for me. Fleet is okay, again with the double meaning (both meaning "fast" and a literal fleet), Frost is okay but a little too predictable (I think someone said it sounds like a videogame create-a-team name), Victoire de Montreal is meh (though I like the old-fashioned looking logo), and beyond that what the hell is the Toronto Sceptre supposed to mean, and Ottawa Charge just looks cribbed off the Calgary Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad