HF Habs: PWHL: Victoire de Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What are you guys suggestions name wise ? What would be a good team name that could be bilingual and ''Montreal-ish'' ?

I was always partial to Les Canadiennes when they were in the CWHL. So I would be very happy if they go back with that. But I can also understand wanting to create a new identity for the new league.

I am a big fan of their color scheme. Some fans were suggesting calling themselves the Maroons in honor of the former Montreal team in the NHL. But that's not really bilingual. In fact, the Maroons were pretty much the team for the anglophones while the Canadiens was for the francophones.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I was always partial to Les Canadiennes when they were in the CWHL. So I would be very happy if they go back with that. But I can also understand wanting to create a new identity for the new league.

I am a big fan of their color scheme. Some fans were suggesting calling themselves the Maroons in honor of the former Montreal team in the NHL. But that's not really bilingual. In fact, the Maroons were pretty much the team for the anglophones while the Canadiens was for the francophones.
I'd definitely keep the color scheme as well, it looks really good. Maroons is a great name history wise but yeah, probably the wrong note for 2024.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Montreal Saints (Saintes)
Boston Surge/Breakers
Toronto Monarchs/Royals
Minnesota Ice
New York Sirens
Ottawa Alert

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Howsabout les Guidounes de Montreal then?

Montreal has sweet FA to do with Scandinavians.

I like Saintes and I say give them a Gray Nun(les Soeurs Grises) look to them.
Saintes. I guess - not particularly original but the name does have a connotation of perseverance and spirit, and it's several steps up from Echo, so there's that. Maybe we'll give them a halo and call it a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad