HF Habs: (PWHL) 2024-25 Victoire de Montréal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jul 6, 2016
Les Royales de Montréal would had been a more appropriate name. (But Toronto has the Sceptres…..) With the name they have now, they MUST win, because it’s gonna become ridiculous if they are not.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Whoever designed the logo deserves a raise. I don't love or hate the name, but I'm guessing it'll grow on people. If you think about it, the Canadiens is a pretty odd choice for a name as well but I wouldn't change it for the world lol.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They should have tried and hide a flocon de neige in there somewhere :sarcasm:

sacrebleu-imfc.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I do also like the Boston Fleet and the Minnesota Frost as names and their logos. I also like the New York Sirens name, but not liking the logo.

I like each team's color schemes, which were established last year. The kind of blue Toronto uses, the kind of purple of Minnesota, the green of Boston, the teal of New York, the red of Ottawa, and the best is the maroon red and off-white.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Whoever designed the logo deserves a raise. I don't love or hate the name, but I'm guessing it'll grow on people. If you think about it, the Canadiens is a pretty odd choice for a name as well but I wouldn't change it for the world lol.

Back then, "Canadien" referred to French Canadians, hence the name "Club de hockey canadien". It was just a much more official name, for an athletic club rather than for a sports franchise and actually, very similar to the naming of a lot of European soccer clubs.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
I like the logo. Not a fan of using a word like victory for the team name but it's still not the worst name.

Logo ranking

MTL
BOS
TOR
OTT
MIN
NY

Name ranking

BOS
MIN
MTL
OTT
NY
TOR

Why Scepters? Also have I been misspelling Scepter my whole life?

Last edited:

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z

Yeah. Best sport logo I've seen in a long while. Smart, sexy and tlmeless design which is hard to pull so kudos to the design team. While not bilingual, Victoire is pretty close to Victory which makes it an interesting option for MTL markets.

Reactions: TRG

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Every single one of these logos and names are awful, IMO. It feels like they had 500 focus groups and tries to appease everyone, and they all look so generic.

Vicotoire might be the worst name of any sports team I've seen in a long time, and that included Kraken. This is all so bad.

Reactions: CharleyHorse

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
Les Royales de Montréal would had been a more appropriate name. (But Toronto has the Sceptres…..) With the name they have now, they MUST win, because it’s gonna become ridiculous if they are not.
IMO, it's ridiculous win or lose - but so are all the others, except maybe MN. At least the team's logo looks good.

WillysBeoulve

Jul 10, 2019
Good god... Definitely love the logo but the name is horrible...
As a french speaker, i will still call the team "équipe de hockey féminine de Montréal". Nobody will understand me if I'm saying "je vais voir la victoire ce soir"... Such a weird choice for a name...

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
i thought the all-lettering jersey scheme for every team actually looked cool and unique. i hope they still keep that for a few games.

the world doesn't need more overdesigned sports team logos :dunno:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
That name will elicit a chuckle or two when the team wins/loses because of the bad puns that will ensue.

But my hot take on this is that despite «Victoire» being a pretty terrible name for a professional organization, that it's still less "cringe-worthy" than the "Mighty Ducks" of Anaheim.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
For us non French speakers, how would you pronounce this word?
Vic-twar

I suspect they may become the “Vics” or something like the Voyageurs were the “Vees” for chants “Go Vees Go…” (used to go in Halifax as a kid)

Reactions: 1909

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad