Confirmed with Link: PTO for Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Feels like a lot of PTOs of formerly notable players are ending in release. That's probably not unusual but it just feels that way to me.
You haven't recently hit the age where all these players being released are players you watched come into the league by chance?

That was a tough for me, realizing that I had witnessed entire careers from start to finish. Speaking of which, I hope like hell their will be some way to watch Kladno games in the US this season. I remember Jagr's rookie season...hoping to catch some of his final season as well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You haven't recently hit the age where all these players being released are players you watched come into the league by chance?

That was a tough for me, realizing that I had witnessed entire careers from start to finish. Speaking of which, I hope like hell their will be some way to watch Kladno games in the US this season. I remember Jagr's rookie season...hoping to catch some of his final season as well.
Oh I'm definitely there, we're almost to the end of Ovechkin's and Crosby's runs, and I was well into my twenties when both were drafted.

However, NOTHING has made me feel older than seeing Jarome Iginla's kid suiting up for the Utah No-Names. Good God.

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
Oh I'm definitely there, we're almost to the end of Ovechkin's and Crosby's runs, and I was well into my twenties when both were drafted.

However, NOTHING has made me feel older than seeing Jarome Iginla's kid suiting up for the Utah No-Names. Good God.
What about Brodeur's kid suiting up for the Devils yesterday?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Surprising but the correct move. The skating just isn't there to justify the intangibles. All the best as he seems like a great guy.

Not surprised by this, he's not nearly the same player he was before. I'm glad the organization was able to evaluate this through a PTO instead of a guaranteed contract.

I hope, if anything, that the young guys could pick up from PEB what it takes to compete and bust your ass for a spot in the greatest league on God's green Earth.

Best of luck, Belly!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Best we can do is 33 year old Wagner and 32 year old Tynan.

11318428816_63df0860c8_o.gif

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I would not mind seeing Belle in some sort of coaching role with the Avs, if he does not get a contract this year. Guys like Calvert, Cogs and Belle are great to have around young players.

On a somewhat related topic, I would much rather see an 'A' on uniform #25 as opposed to #96. He does all the small things ( no pun intended, seriously.) As with Calvert before him, LOC exudes the culture that any team - especially a Bednar team - values.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Was hoping PEB had something left in the tank but at least we're not so desperate to sign someone who doesnt have it anymore. Good luck PEB!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I would not mind seeing Belle in some sort of coaching role with the Avs, if he does not get a contract this year. Guys like Calvert, Cogs and Belle are great to have around young players.

On a somewhat related topic, I would much rather see an 'A' on uniform #25 as opposed to #96. He does all the small things ( no pun intended, seriously.) As with Calvert before him, LOC exudes the culture that any team - especially a Bednar team - values.

I know that the team loves having Cogliano as an in-between the players and the management.

He's there for player development, off-ice coaching/consulting, and taking questions/concerns up to the coaches and suits.

I'm told he's a very busy guy and he's absolutely loving the role so far. Gets to do a bit of everything.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Yeah that is surprising. They must really be sold on Kelly.
He was terrible in preseason. The tank's empty. Looked very, very slow. I get that he's a good guy and all, but the team has plenty of veteran leadership already. What they need is some young legs.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
It was always wishful thinking that Bellemare would make the team. A nearly 40 year old PTO who could wasn't an everyday player for a non playoff team last year.

The Avs have better options on the roster as is.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
That's too bad. It sounded like he was really giving it his all to get one last year. Hope he lands on his feet somewhere and gets to continue doing something related to hockey, the league needs guys like him.

Reactions: Murzu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad