Post-Game Talk: PS6 - Los Angeles Nordiques 4 BRUINS 1

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Quebec should have a team in the NHL but Montreal wants a monopoly of the francophone market.
Not only that, but Nordiques 2.0 would put tremendous pressure on the Canadiens to start winning. If the Nords won the Cup before Montreal got their next one, how would that look?

That Quebec City doesn’t have a team is shameful.

Reactions: BMC

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
The telecast was an embarrassment.

The truck was from New Hampshire hired by the Kings but then TVAS decided it was their production.

I only got involved as I wanted to work a game in that arena which is a clone of the arena in Pittsburgh.

Quebec should have a team in the NHL but Montreal wants a monopoly of the francophone market.
I am not sure Jacob's is in favour of Québec having a club..... just saying. I also don't think it is just the Habs organisation refusing... NHL does not have interest

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Not only that, but Nordiques 2.0 would put tremendous pressure on the Canadiens to start winning. If the Nords won the Cup before Montreal got their next one, how would that look?

That Quebec City doesn’t have a team is shameful.
There is only 500k ppl in Quebec City. If they
Win they will probably only break even. A winning franchise in Houston would make way more $

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Win they will probably only break even. A winning franchise in Houston would make way more $
How many of those 500,000 people in Quebec care about NHL hockey? Is that number greater than the number of people in Houston that care about NHL hockey?

Reactions: BMC

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
How many of those 500,000 people in Quebec care about NHL hockey? Is that number greater than the number of people in Houston that care about NHL hockey?
They will only care if they are winning. Any city will embrace a winning organization.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I suggest you get the numbers correctly. Québec urbain area + is not Boston, Montreal neither Houston size, but Is pretty close to 1M.

Some folks posting here drives from NH to Boston local games. If you add a perimeter of 1 Hour 15 of driving there is a minimum potentiel market over 1.5 M. It ain't NY, but 500K is ridiculous.

Same on economic. We are not Boston, Seattle and neither a big city, I know we are small, but for the last 20 years and most recently, Québec is with the top economic Canadien cities....It's in French... but if you are interested google or IA can translates...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad