Post-Game Talk: PS5 - BRUINS 4 Sons of Gritty 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
You would think here is either language in the players agent agreement against being able to do that or Swayman would get sued for the fee. This long into the negotiations
Swayman would be unlikely prevail.
It will all depend on what is in the contract. Absent a specific provision, the agent is likely entitled to compensation for the work he has already done. He would not be entitled to a percentage of a contract that he did not close the deal on.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It will all depend on what is in the contract. Absent a specific provision, the agent is likely entitled to compensation for the work he has already done. He would not be entitled to a percentage of a contract that he did not close the deal on.
Believe what you want, I would bet that there is language protecting Gross.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Believe what you want, I would bet that there is language protecting Gross.
I am sure you are right. There is likely a liquidation clause that says he gets paid $X if Swayman lets him go after he starts work. My point is that he will not collect the full percentage of salary if he does not close the deal.

Reactions: Gee Wally

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I am sure you are right. There is likely a liquidation clause that says he gets paid $X if Swayman lets him go after he starts work. My point is that he will not collect the full percentage of salary if he does not close the deal.
But Gross would still sue Swayman and make him hire a lawyer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad