PS4 HFBoards Tournament Series - TOURNAMENT CLOSED

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Finland
Germany
Germany

That's how it was when I started :)

But if I can't then Belarus (if Andrei and Sergei are on there) if not then Denmark

Just pick your three Teams. :laugh:

Tier 1:
Canada
United States
Sweden
Russia
Finland

Tier 2:
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Switzerland
Germany
Latvia

Tier 3:
Denmark
Norway
Austria
Belarus
Ukraine

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
12/15 confirmed.

Will just do 12 team tournament if we don't get three more players. I'd rather not, and do 15 like I mentioned. But we're on a Deadline.

Edit:

2nd place prize in now confirmed, and is... RYAN MCDONAGH (Big thanks to captaincheese for the donation). First place prize is still Erik Karlsson.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
what times do you play at?

I personally play in Mountain time, but people from the Ontario Region play in Eastern Standard Time.

IW8simF.gif

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Thanks boys.

13/15 confirmed. Just waiting on the new guys (believe they're good friends). So get your panties out of the bunch they're in, and let's get this started!

VZagarrigo

Dec 11, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Not really sure what the deal with this is, this is my first tournament. Are we just supposed to pick a team out of those three tiers? If so, Russia, Latvia, and Norway

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Not really sure what the deal with this is, this is my first tournament. Are we just supposed to pick a team out of those three tiers? If so, Russia, Latvia, and Norway

National (By Team) Tournament:

Tier 1:
Canada
United States
Sweden
Russia
Finland

Tier 2:
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Switzerland
Germany
Latvia

Tier 3:
Denmark
Norway
Austria
Belarus
Ukraine

The way this is going to work, is we're going to have 15 players, three divisions and five players in each division with three games. The top four players getting byes into the playoffs. Then on-words seeing 5 vs 12, 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9 with the bottom three teams with the worst record not eligible for playoffs.

To begin, with the Round Robin, pick three teams, one from each Tier. You cannot use two from one Division, and once you've used a Team (have to use one of the big boys in the Tier 1), you CANNOT use them again for the ENTIRE DURATION of the tournament.

I'll have the Divisions out tomorrow and games can be played then.

Also, get your friend to sign-up aswell.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
T1: Canada

T2: Czech Republic

T3: Norway

Available from 4:30-9:00pm CST

Your first post is an important one. :laugh:

Just remember, after you use these teams (I.E. Canada), you CANNOT use them again for the rest of the games you play.

Divisions going up soon.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
National (By Team) Tournament:

HF Username - PSN Username - Teams Selected - w/ Division Names

Division 1: (The Goofballs)
NeutralityEleven - (NeutralityEleven) - Russia, Switzerland, Denmark, Slovakia
Draisaitl - (Glutamat0815) - Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark
habs1995 - (habs1995) - Finland, Germany, Denmark
iFishyHD - (iFishyHD) - Finland, Czech Republic, Austria, Russia
JaredCowenFan - (SenzFan2) - Russia, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic

National (By Team) Tournament Division 1 < Click Here

Division 2: (The try-hards)
JClaus33 - (JClaus33) - Finland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Russia
Domrie - (SeumDwa) - Finland, Czech Republic, Denmark
leafsfan1992 - (Aslamsaleh) - Finland, Czech Republic, Austria
Wennberg - (Wennberg93) - Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark
The Dream - (flyers_4) - Sweden, Czech Republic, Austria

National (By Team) Tournament Division 2 < Click Here

Division 3: (The newcomers)
Nifty Mittens - (NIFTY_MITTENS) - Finland, Germany, Austria
With all do respect - (Jess_444) - Russia, Ukraine, Latvia
Eggberto - (Bumbleflex) - United States, Slovakia, Belarus, Germany
VZagarrigo - (VZaggarigo) - Russia, Latvia, Norway
RheaumeForever - (RheaumeForever) - Canada, Czech Republic, Norway, Russia

National (By Team) Tournament Division 3 < Click Here

Like prior tournaments, the top four teams (with the most pts scored) will get Round 1 Playoff byes (Most likely top three from each Division, and a wildcard). Then in Round 1 we have 5v12, 6v11, 7v10, 8v9, and the bottom three team (seeds 13-15) will not be making the playoffs and will be eliminated from the tournament.

Tournament starts as soon as you read this, and ends on Thursday, with Playoffs starting Friday.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Question.

There's 4 rounds in which we play in, but we only have 3 teams total. So how does that work?

And then with whoever we play in round 1 do we just collaborate and decide which tiered team to use or.. I thought the schedule would have what teams we were required to use.

Thanks.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Question.

There's 4 rounds in which we play in, but we only have 3 teams total. So how does that work?

And then with whoever we play in round 1 do we just collaborate and decide which tiered team to use or.. I thought the schedule would have what teams we were required to use.

Thanks.

I messed up on the first part I assume, either the bracket, or something, I went wrong somewhere. Thinking we all need to pick a fourth Team.

And your second question is an easy answer, you don't need to worry about it if you get a bye, but if you do play in it, you use whatever Team you want (from the 3 tiers) that you haven't already used. Some see it as strategy not to use the likes of Canada, USA etc in the Round Robin, but Playoffs (if they make it).

I'll try to see where I went wrong here. Games can still be played. Thanks.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Um well yeah just send me an inv if you see me on. Ya know. Gonna be on a very tight unexpected schedule leash, so please play if we can, like ya know don't ignore me.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Alright, my bad. Thanks to Egg for pointing it out, and Neut for helping me figure things out.

EVERYONE, pick a FOURTH, wildcard Team (from any Tier that's on the list). Same rule applies, once you them they're 'retired', they cannot them use again for the duration of the tournament.

Tier 1:
Canada
United States
Sweden
Russia
Finland

Tier 2:
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Switzerland
Germany
Latvia

Tier 3:
Denmark
Norway
Austria
Belarus
Ukraine

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Fishy (Czech) 2 -- JCF (Slovakia) 1

GG man. It was close and you stayed on my heels. Was waiting for Chara to absolutely wreck me when I was going down the boards :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad