GDT: PS game 4: Sharks vs Utah 7pm streamed on sharks.nhl.com

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
This is closest to a NHL game by far, we looked good on couple of times. Celebrini injury was sooo demotivating, I mean it was good to see Smith take some more action and looked good.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
++Will Smith was fun, made things happen
++Macklin Celebrini is good at hockey

+Eklund good
+Zetterlund doing Zetterlund things
+I like Wennberg when he isn't over handling the puck
+Jack Thompson was really solid
+Walman, Ceci, Ferraro all legit NHL defensemen
+The highs for Luca were high
+Goodrow was... good?
+Graf was solid, didn't do enough to earn an NHL spot on opening night but his B game is good and he definitely looks more active and confident than his stretch last spring

-Eklund needs to stop reaching with his stick so much on defense, he's gonna get into penalty trouble
-Benning... stop trying to carry the puck
-Cagnoni would really be best served improving his defense on the Cuda, but he still had a great camp and definitely has moments where he makes good defensive plays

--I miss Macklin
--I can't believe I have to watch 82 more games of Luke Kunin, someone kill me now

On a serious note, Clayton Keller is the player I want William Eklund to turn into. I've always loved Keller.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Smith has really good top end speed and acceleration.
He can close in on pucks very fast, hopefully he develops some IQ for the defensive part of the game.

Good chances this period but a lot of high and wide shots.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
++Will Smith was fun, made things happen
++Macklin Celebrini is good at hockey

+Eklund good
+Zetterlund doing Zetterlund things
+I like Wennberg when he isn't over handling the puck
+Jack Thompson was really solid
+Walman, Ceci, Ferraro all legit NHL defensemen
+The highs for Luca were high
+Goodrow was... good?
+Graf was solid, didn't do enough to earn an NHL spot on opening night but his B game is good and he definitely looks more active and confident than his stretch last spring

-Eklund needs to stop reaching with his stick so much on defense, he's gonna get into penalty trouble
-Benning... stop trying to carry the puck
-Cagnoni would really be best served improving his defense on the Cuda, but he still had a great camp and definitely has moments where he makes good defensive plays

--I miss Macklin
--I can't believe I have to watch 82 more games of Luke Kunin, someone kill me now

On a serious note, Clayton Keller is the player I want William Eklund to turn into. I've always loved Keller.
IMO, that's way too many plusses. This was not a good game.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I just smashed my TV in front of 30 guests at my party because of the game. My wife just took our crying kids and said they’re all spending the week at a hotel. This team has ruined my life and my party. I can’t handle this anymore. Goodbye Sharks. I am no longer a fan.
My life AND my party

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I just smashed my TV in front of 30 guests at my party because of the game. My wife just took our crying kids and said they’re all spending the week at a hotel. This team has ruined my life and my party. I can’t handle this anymore. Goodbye Sharks. I am no longer a fan.

I had to watch on the computer and it's too important to smash.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I get the feeling the "injury" is minor and pulling him out was precautionary. Looks like hip-first into the boards. Probably will be sore tomorrow
I suspect he tweaked something not on impact with the boards but at the moment he fell. I honestly don't think he was tripped, I think he toe-picked or something before he went down.

Hopefully it's minor. Obviously a good sign that he went out for another shift after it happened so nothing debilitating.

I don't think I've been this anxious about a rookie's health since... Tomas Hertl.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Take my Arm. Take my leg. Take my heart, you can have it! Just give him back!

Brownie points for those who get it. Because Celebrini's injury has gotten me neurotic a f.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Smith has really good top end speed and acceleration.
He can close in on pucks very fast, hopefully he develops some IQ for the defensive part of the game.

Good chances this period but a lot of high and wide shots.
I think Smith, a lot like Bedard, has a very good sense of taking calculated risks on defense to generate offense. He doesn't need to be a shut down guy.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
1000011549.jpg

Reactions: Shark Finn

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Honestly Smith looked legit. You are going to have to surround him with quality players but I think he's special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad