Prospect Info: Prospect Thread (Overseas, College, Junior, etc)

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Saskatoon lost in the WHL semi-finals, so Molendyk is done now. (Incredibly, 6 of 7 games including the last one went to OT?!)

Similarly Saginaw is out, so Willis is also done.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Some updates on our Finnish prospects, Kiiskinen and Kulonummi:

Kiiskinen is joining HPK next year where he will get a much bigger role than in Pelicans. Need to remember that he's still only 18-years-old but already put up 10 points in 38 games against men.

Kulonummi is similarly joining a smaller club, Kiekko-Espoo for next year. He played for the championship team Tappara where he got some ice-time in Liiga but not much. This way, he will get a much bigger role in Espoo and probably a top-4 role with PP time.

Both good moves for our prospects.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Saskatoon lost in the WHL semi-finals, so Molendyk is done now. (Incredibly, 6 of 7 games including the last one went to OT?!)

Similarly Saginaw is out, so Willis is also done.
Except Saginaw is hosting the Memorial Cup, so Willis is resurrected for that. I believe he is our only prospect in the Mem Cup.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Interesting Colorado didn’t even sign Graham Sward. I guess he’ll be a total free agent now since he was an overager, as opposed to a draft re-entry…

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Interesting Colorado didn’t even sign Graham Sward. I guess he’ll be a total free agent now since he was an overager, as opposed to a draft re-entry…
Capfriendly has his rights expiring June 1 2024.... so he should be a UFA. We could sign him now and then we'd have Hanzel, Sward, and the pick for Trenin

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
damn shame the media coverage of this team is so awful that there has not been one write up/analysis of the developments from dev camp
Molendyk looked good. He laid out Stiga at one point when the puck got caught in his skates and he caught him looking down. Rung his bell and he missed a few minutes shaking it off. He was on gold team which offensively didn't have as much consistent pressure, and he seemed to be carrying the puck well with nowhere to take it once he got the zone.

The new kid Gibson looked good. He was paired with Molendyk which seemed like a really nice complimentary pair.

I know I mentioned this already, but Surin had as strong of a debut at camp as I can recall. He's physical, and just played at a different pace than everyone else. Things tend to get choppy and sloppy in these games but when he was on the ice it was almost immediate possession with a very calm presence. Gibson put him on his ass at one point and Surin immediately started laughing like he'd been waiting for somebody to rough him up.

Wood has a wicked shot...but he's still rarely able to get it off because of his skating and his first touch is so awful. Really hope he can make strides in his skating. He reminds me of watching Phil Myers skate at this point.

Stiga does too much at this point, but he gives me Evangelista vibes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad