Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
If he has a strong core/base, that should offset size issue. His quickness/agility should help him elude checkers.

I agree that strength on the bottom half is more important for sustaining level of success when moving to NHL or at least more beneficial (think guys like Jeff Skinner). BUT if you don't have ANY upper body strength (A younger Calvn de Haan, or Sam Bennett this year who couldn't even do one pull up at the combine) these kids can get abused and break really easy. Bennett is on the shelf for 4-6 months already and we know all about CDH injury woes I think Calvin was 165 lbs as an 18 year old and it has taken him a while to build up the strength (longer than it should have).

I'd like to see JHS put another 10-15 lbs on and add some strength. Shouldn't cost him in speed and agility, at his age that should almost happen naturally in a year or two with little to no work needed (which I'm sure he'll do anyway).

Hipster Doofus

Sep 1, 2006
Part of me really liked Ehlers at the draft, but Ho Sang looks kinda like the same player to me. Very impressive wheels, turning ability, and acceleration(sounds like a car!) and does so effortlessly. And I love that he seems aggressive, driving to the net. It's early, but this could turn out to be quite the homerun pick in a few years.

With Ho-Sang there very little question his skillset is world-class. His agility and puck control in traffic is Tavares like despite being small. The other thing I like is that he's doing ALOT out there because of his speed and skill. He's cycling back into a D spot on breakouts and cycles in more than a few clips Ive seen.

scott99

May 13, 2005
With Ho-Sang there very little question his skillset is world-class. His agility and puck control in traffic is Tavares like despite being small. The other thing I like is that he's doing ALOT out there because of his speed and skill. He's cycling back into a D spot on breakouts and cycles in more than a few clips Ive seen.

His speed and stick handling are world class. I don't think he will be a sniper like I expect Dal Colle will be, and he plays like a center, very good passer. If he had Dal Colle's shot, he'd be virtually unstoppable in junior.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
His speed and stick handling are world class. I don't think he will be a sniper like I expect Dal Colle will be, and he plays like a center, very good passer. If he had Dal Colle's shot, he'd be virtually unstoppable in junior.

Safe to say the kids "character" would be been over looked had his shot been on par with all of his other talents. Would have def kept him in consideration for top three of not top five.

Hipster Doofus

Sep 1, 2006

His sot isnt bad either, he has a good understanding of placement and he can roof intight.

scott99

May 13, 2005
His sot isnt bad either, he has a good understanding of placement and he can roof intight.

Agreed, he has a good shot, but like JHS has world class speed and stick handling, Dal Colle has a world class shot. He's a sniper. JHS is like Patrick Kane, he will score points in all types of ways, but probably won't be a sniper. Probably can score 30 in the NHL, but Dal Colle looks like the type who can score 30+ goals on a regular basis and possibly hit 40.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Agreed, he has a good shot, but like JHS has world class speed and stick handling, Dal Colle has a world class shot. He's a sniper. JHS is like Patrick Kane, he will score points in all types of ways, but probably won't be a sniper. Probably can score 30 in the NHL, but Dal Colle looks like the type who can score 30+ goals on a regular basis and possibly hit 40.

A faster, young Dany Heatley?

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL

Fair compassion, but I hope MDC is much faster then Heatley.

I'd love for him to become a Marleau type player because he has that build.

Dal Colle to me though is very similar to JT in terms of attitude. A very soft spoken individual who will lead with action rather then words. He's also a shoot first kind of player, deadly wrist shot.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Fair compassion, but I hope MDC is much faster then Heatley.

I'd love for him to become a Marleau type player because he has that build.

Dal Colle to me though is very similar to JT in terms of attitude. A very soft spoken individual who will lead with action rather then words. He's also a shoot first kind of player, deadly wrist shot.
Is already much faster than Dany ever was. Don't forget that Dany is a 2x 50 goal scorer with a few seasons in the 40's and high 30's. Great shot, nose for the net. Sounds like Dal Colle only Dal Colle has good speed, just needs to fill out that frame and add 25 pounds.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
From what I've seen from MDC so far, speed isn't the issue for him. It's mainly his first few steps. Just needs to work on being a bit more explosive out of the gate.

Hipster Doofus

Sep 1, 2006

Heatley built for today;s game. Sick dangles and straightaway speed game, generally very dangerous coming 1 on 1 on D on the W. Can be a massive issue unchecked in front. Works the cycle well.Kind of JT like but but much bigger and better suited for a Nash/Kreider up/down game.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
So when do you guys think Dal Colle will be NHL ready? I feel like his stats after this season will show that he can't really accomplish much more in CHL but he doesn't seem to have NHL size yet.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
So when do you guys think Dal Colle will be NHL ready? I feel like his stats after this season will show that he can't really accomplish much more in CHL but he doesn't seem to have NHL size yet.

Im busy flipping back and forth between Oshawa and Windsor games... MDC 1G 2A tonight so far (all on PP). JHS 2 more assists tonight so far.

I plan on posting my opinions on MDC and when he'll be ready after I upload the clips from tonight's games.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Not sure where Rex is, but I can tell you:

Dal Colle was the #1 star in Oshawas 5-2 win with 3 PP points

Ho Sang and Windsor came up short 4-3 against London. JHS 2 assists and created a bunch tonight. Windsor uses him to rush the puck out of the zone from behind the net and he does so at will (from behind your own net through 2 or 3 guys and across the opposing blueline AT WILL and in 4 seconds or less) really impressive to watch over and over and over again.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Between the depth that we have on our team and his Size and skill, I think we will see a similar path that Strome has taken...

By the time Dal Colle is 21 I think he will be an Islander...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Not sure where Rex is, but I can tell you:

Dal Colle was the #1 star in Oshawas 5-2 win with 3 PP points

Ho Sang and Windsor came up short 4-3 against London. JHS 2 assists and created a bunch tonight. Windsor uses him to rush the puck out of the zone from behind the net and he does so at will (from behind your own net through 2 or 3 guys and across the opposing blueline AT WILL and in 4 seconds or less) really impressive to watch over and over and over again.

Its amazing watching him do that....It wont be that easy to do in the NHL but his hands and speed are awesme to watch...I love his ability to stick handle at top speed.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
November 1
Kingston 6, Plymouth 2-VCR, - 2.
London 4, Windsor 3-JHS, 2 assists, + 1.
Oshawa 5, Belleville 2-MDC, 1 goal (7), 2 assists, even.
Regina 2, Swift Current 1 (SO)-Burroughs, + 1.
Providence 2, BU 1-Somerby, even.
Minnesota 4, St. Cloud State 3 ((OT)-Cammarata, 2 assists (1 in OT), + 1.
Quinnipiac 3, Northeastern 2-Toews, 1 goal (1), 1 assist, even.
Notre Dame 2, Vermont 2 (OT)-Russo, even.
Bowling Green 3, Minnesota State 1-Williams, 15 saves, 18 shots.
Michigan State 4, Ferris State 1-Schempp, - 1.

Last edited:

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
November 1
Kingston 6, Plymouth 2-VCR, - 2.
London 4, Windsor 3-JHS, 2 assists, + 1.
Oshawa 5, Belleville 2-MDC, 1 goal (7), 2 assists, even.
Regina 1, Swift Current 0, second period
Providence 2, BU 1-Somerby, even.
Minnesota 4, St. Cloud State 3 ((OT)-Cammarata, 2 assists (1 in OT), + 1.
Quinnipiac 3, Northeastern 2-Toews, 1 goal (1), 1 assist, even.
Notre Dame 2, Vermont 2 (OT)-Russo, even.
Bowling Green 3, Minnesota State 1-Williams, 15 saves, 18 shots.
Michigan State 4, Ferris State 1-Schempp, - 1.

welcome back

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

At least with MDC the things he needs to work on are normal for an 18 year old, strength, defensive play and improving his first couple of steps. The hockey sense, hands and shot he has, can't teach that.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks, ITM, had a scare around dinner time last night, was working out in the dungeon and all of a sudden had sharp chest pains, luckily only a torn pectoral muscle. It hurts but a lot better than a heart attack.

Glad to hear you're ok. I had a similar experience, but I wound up in the hospital for a month. Us old timers need to take care of ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad