Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #9 (2024 Version)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you rank as the Penguins #9 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Howe won #8.

Vote for who you think is the Penguins #9 prospect.

Poll closes in 2-4 days, unless voting is not close.

Results so far:

#1 Yager 92.6% (called early)
#2 Blomqvist 70.9% (called early)
#3 Pickering 55.7% *
#4 Koivunen 54.3%
#5 Murashov 66.7% (called early)
#6 Ponomaryov 64.5% *
#7 Ilyin 60.0% (called early)
#8 Howe 42.2%

* = I asked people to change votes to avoid a runoff

Reactions: steelcityassault

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's wild that the Penguins still have legitimate prospect options in this and they're already at #9. At this point last year, Belliveau was voted their #9 prospect and he spent all of last year in the ECHL.

Assuming Broz and Brunicke come in for the next 2 spots, their entire top-10 will either be 1st or 2nd rounders or later picks who are massively outperforming their draft position. Really not bad.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
It's wild that the Penguins still have legitimate prospect options in this and they're already at #9. At this point last year, Belliveau was voted their #9 prospect and he spent all of last year in the ECHL.

Assuming Broz and Brunicke come in for the next 2 spots, their entire top-10 will either be 1st or 2nd rounders or later picks who are massively outperforming their draft position. Really not bad.
I mean they didn't trade all of their picks at the deadline and traded their best winger for prospects. That's about as expected, no? Anyhow better than dead last

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

Yeah I think you can conservatively say that the additions of Broz, Brunicke, Pieniniemi and Poulin to the list give you 12 prospects that are at least in the C to C+ range or more. I don’t think we have anyone super high end but hopefully you get 3-4 regulars from this group.
I mean they didn't trade all of their picks at the deadline and traded their best winger for prospects. That's about as expected, no? Anyhow better than dead last
Yeah between Guentzel trade adding 3 pieces and their own 2nd- that’s 4. Then Ilyin made a big jump.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Brunicke. I had him and Howe at the same level. I put Brunicke above Broz because it's REALLY taken a while for Broz to round into form. I still question how good of a pick it was for a 2nd rounder but I still have hopes.

The more tapes I watched on Brunicke, the more I liked his skating.

Poor Poulin lol but he's been around a good while.

Brunicke
Poulin
Broz
Pieniniemi
Plante

are my next 5.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Brunicke. I had him and Howe at the same level. I put Brunicke above Broz because it's REALLY taken a while for Broz to round into form. I still question how good of a pick it was for a 2nd rounder but I still have hopes.

The more tapes I watched on Brunicke, the more I liked his skating.

Poor Poulin lol but he's been around a good while.

Brunicke
Poulin
Broz
Pieniniemi
Plante

are my next 5.
Plante over Lucius ? I must be his only fan here.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Voted Poulin last round, will do so again. I expect since Howe won last round, Brunicke is next. It pains me to see Broz fall this far too. He's legit, and he's going to be in the A this year so he's close.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It's also wild that some don't realize this is shiny new toy syndrome and most of this picks likely don't see the dance.

I don't really see a huge difference. Just we have prospects that we just drafted so vibes are good.

Belliveau is a perfect example. How good did he look two seasons ago as a prospect at 20 versus now.

Similarly to how Koivunen is 4th. It's the hope factors.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's also wild that some don't realize this is shiny new toy syndrome and most of this picks likely don't see the dance.

I don't really see a huge difference. Just we have prospects that we just drafted so vibes are good.

Belliveau is a perfect example. How good did he look two seasons ago as a prospect at 20 versus now.

Similarly to how Koivunen is 4th. It's the hope factors.
Yeah, call me jaded/skeptical, but this seems to be the case a lot of years. "Our new prospects look so good compared to our old prospects from 2 years ago who are now busts. Our prospect pool looks much better now!"

I know prospects are all about projection, so I get it's a common reaction to get excited about the new toy, especially if they're coming off a good season. But I'll believe this current crop is better than the crap crop from years past when they actually do something at the NHL level.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Yeah, call me jaded/skeptical, but this seems to be the case a lot of years. "Our new prospects look so good compared to our old prospects from 2 years ago who are now busts. Our prospect pool looks much better now!"

I know prospects are all about projection, so I get it's a common reaction to get excited about the new toy, especially if they're coming off a good season. But I'll believe this current crop is better than the crap crop from years past when they actually do something at the NHL level.
I struggle to see how even the most skeptical fan can’t see it as improved if the only graduate/org departure from the top 9 last year was Puus and they added Koivunen, Ponomarev, Howe, Brunicke (all 2nd round picks).

Even if you think they’re all Cish level prospects, there’s 4 (net 3) more of them.

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario

At the very least, by that metric, Id say that this prospect pool projects in a way that should get most fans more excited than any other we have had since the 2006 off-season.

Not that that is necessarily saying much...

Edit; Maybe put it next to the 2013 off-season group.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Here's to hoping we get 3 or 4 NHL players from our top 10.
It'd be a shame if someone, you know...a certain wanker, were to make sure that never happens. Not sure who the hell that could be though, mate.

t6a7CPD.png

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I am rooting for Tankov, that injury he had was brutal and he came back from that to play again so I hope he decides to leave and come over to WBS someday. If Murashov can, I hope Tankov does as well.

Reactions: Coastal Kev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad