GDT: Prospect camp / GDT -- Camp opens 09/11 -- Games 09/14 and 09/15 against Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
It was 5-4 Leafs.

Cowan with the winner with about 3 minutes left.

Minten looked good up until the bullshit cheapshot by the puke hab guy.

Niemela had 4 or 5 assists over the 2 games.

The goalies all played well I thought. I'm actually really impressed with our depth there now..I hope they all can continue to develop.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I absolutely loved that Minten chase down on the Hutson breakaway. The clear headedness after being several strides behind to make that play without taking a penalty and to turn around immediately and make the breakaway pass to Cowan was fantastic. Minten will never be a star but I love the way he thinks the game.

On the downside I don’t like how good Hutson looked. He’s gonna be dangerous.
Montreal just drafted Marner, Kadri and Reilly in one round..gulp. Demidov, Hague, Hutson.

• Haha
Reactions: Leafidelity

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Have Grebenkin's reps let it be known privately that he's willing to report to the Marlies? Because everyone covering the team seems to be disregarding the existence of his European Assignment Clause.

I don't believe the clause stops him from accepting assignment to the AHL.
From what I recall he didn't sign a KHL contract.
If he's happy in Toronto he likely stays.

Reactions: 3headeddragon

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
I don't believe the clause stops him from accepting assignment to the AHL.
From what I recall he didn't sign a KHL contract.
If he's happy in Toronto he likely stays.
It doesn't, but the entire point of the clause is so the player can refuse AHL assignment and be assigned to a European team instead. Would be weird IMO for him and his agent to have that clause negotiated into his ELC only for him to not use that leverage.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It doesn't, but the entire point of the clause is so the player can refuse AHL assignment and be assigned to a European team instead. Would be weird IMO for him and his agent to have that clause negotiated into his ELC only for him to not use that leverage.
Not disagreeing.

That doesn't mean he'd pull the chute at the first sign he's going to the Marlies.

Reactions: 3headeddragon

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Arpon Basu (Habs beat writer) tweeted out yesterday that Lane Hutson is hockey's version of Barry Sanders.

Just in case anyone wanted to get an inside like on why Habs fans are so deranged.
That reference eludes me, but I read it as Bernie Sanders so that's good, I guess...

Anyway, yeah, he'll be lucky if he's half as good as Stuart Percy. ;)

Last edited:

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Arpon Basu (Habs beat writer) tweeted out yesterday that Lane Hutson is hockey's version of Barry Sanders.

Just in case anyone wanted to get an inside like on why Habs fans are so deranged.
The kid is definitely a player but one thing we’ve learned in this league is that it means nothing until you’ve made it to the NHL. We’ve seen so many teams hype up their prospect pools to no end, yet rebuild forever. Ottawa, Buffalo, Columbus, Arizona, Edmonton and more.

For all the shit I’ve given leafs stars, they came in and torched the league and ended the rebuild real damn quick.

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
It might just be in case he is having trouble acclimatizing to NA hockey. It is smart to leave yourself options

Sep 18, 2009
The kid is definitely a player but one thing we’ve learned in this league is that it means nothing until you’ve made it to the NHL. We’ve seen so many teams hype up their prospect pools to no end, yet rebuild forever. Ottawa, Buffalo, Columbus, Arizona, Edmonton and more.

For all the shit I’ve given leafs stars, they came in and torched the league and ended the rebuild real damn quick.
rfmonton was in game 7 tho
and leafs are at first base

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad