GDT: Prospect camp / GDT -- Camp opens 09/11 -- Games 09/14 and 09/15 against Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I always thought Minten would be a Stajan type of player
It's a good comparison for sure, its too bad Staj got forced into the 1 role here, which was above his skill set really. I really liked his game going back to Belleville, and thought he was going to be a really solid 3 kind of guy.

Minten I think will eventually be 1st team pk. Enough offence to make teams have to prepare for him and great defence to shut his opponent down. I think he could take over Tavares 2c spot eventually

His skating looked excellent today, it looks like he's 2 or 3 strides faster than last year.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Nice to see some center depth coming in the organization
Strong games from Minten and Quillan

I'd start both of them in the AHL, play them big minutes in the top 6C spots and have both of them on both special teams units

The big Russian and Cowan looked good to, there going to push for spots but I don't see them playing for the Leafs without injuries

Pity Danford got injured, I was looking forward to seeing him but I thought Chadwick looks promising and Niemela and Webber should go well on the Marlies this season

I don't think the defenseman are as close as the forwards but I don't think the cupboard is as bare as it has been in recent years

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nice to see some center depth coming in the organization
Strong games from Minten and Quillan

I'd start both of them in the AHL, play them big minutes in the top 6C spots and have both of them on both special teams units

The big Russian and Cowan looked good to, there going to push for spots but I don't see them playing for the Leafs without injuries

Pity Danford got injured, I was looking forward to seeing him but I thought Chadwick looks promising and Niemela and Webber should go well on the Marlies this season

I don't think the defenseman are as close as the forwards but I don't think the cupboard is as bare as it has been in recent years

Just need to keep adding to the pool.

IF Robertson got us a 2nd and Timmins a 6th or 7th, GREAT. Chadwick was a 6th rounder and Minten was a 2nd, if we keep finding guys, it is great.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Just need to keep adding to the pool.

IF Robertson got us a 2nd and Timmins a 6th or 7th, GREAT. Chadwick was a 6th rounder and Minten was a 2nd, if we keep finding guys, it is great.

Yeah we've wasted a lot of picks at the TDL picking up "depth" guys
Add something important but don't burn all our middle and late rounders for bugger all

We do it all the time, frustrates the hell out of me

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yeah we've wasted a lot of picks at the TDL picking up "depth" guys
Add something important but don't burn all our middle and late rounders for bugger all

We do it all the time, frustrates the hell out of me

I actually think we did all our depth adds already with Hakanpaa and Patches etc, we're deep.

I think we go for a bigger piece near the TDL either a 3C / D / Top 6 wing - depends on where the need is

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I actually think we did all our depth adds already with Hakanpaa and Patches etc, we're deep.

I think we go for a bigger piece near the TDL either a 3C / D / Top 6 wing - depends on where the need is

We have some options if these young guys continue developing
Usually we need guys who have term left on there deals because we have nothing behind our big guys but that may not be necessary this year

Reactions: WTFMAN99

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
45) Cowan and 80)Minten made the top 100 prospects but many just drafted ranked higher i.e 23) Hagee. Grebs didn't make top 100, so looks like we are lucky if one makes it this year.

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
45) Cowan and 80)Minten made the top 100 prospects but many just drafted ranked higher i.e 23) Hagee. Grebs didn't make top 100, so looks like we are lucky if one makes it this year.

I had to laugh at some team rankings where 2024 mid round picks were in the top prospects lists. If a 2024 mid round pick is in your top 20 list, it isn't that impressive.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Oh I get that but we maybe pushing our guys before they are ready. Looks like Grebs and Minten get slow Ahl cook. Cowan is a maybe.
I had to laugh at some team rankings where 2024 mid round picks were in the top prospects lists. If a 2024 mid round pick is in your top 20 list, it isn't that impressive.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Not sure what you mean? lol

So he was never drafted and got a contract as an undrafted player ... one of the won the lottery pick type of players that happens after the draft in the summer.

First year pro after player his overage year in OHL.

It would be great if he makes a career in hockey, but are we expecting anything beyond AHL?

Hey, a career in the AHL, for however long, is terrific.

How many 21 year olds would turn down 2 years in the AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad