GDT: Prospect camp / GDT -- Camp opens 09/11 -- Games 09/14 and 09/15 against Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Final thoughts

Grebyonkin made a real cheeky move in the shoot out

Cowan got a little too cute there and almost cost us

Minten, again, he looks so much faster than last year and more comfortable with the puck. I think you feed him 1C, PK and PP all year with the Marlies and he likely breaks camp as a legit 3C the following year, what a great job by him this off-season.

Hildeby's stinker goal sucked but he more than made up for it the rest of the way.

Chadwick looked good, steady.

EDIT

I liked Quilan as well, I don't know if there is more than 3C or 4C there but I like him.

If he can become a PK guy for the Marlies, we might have next year's 3C and 4C right there.

Last edited:
Reactions: aingefan

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
minten is gonna be an incredible defensive forward in the NHL.
He's going to be a pretty good 2way guy actually

I was thinking that he may take the #3C spot out of camp, and didn't see anything today to make me think any differently. I know competing against a roster full of NHLers is a lot different than a bunch of kids wearing NHL jerseys, but I think you'll agree that he and Cowan were the best forwards on the ice today.

If the Leafs deal Kampf in the next 2 weeks you'll know Minten has the job as the 3

Robertson Minten Cowan

Yessiree bob

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica

I was thinking that he may take the #3C spot out of camp, and didn't see anything today to make me think any differently. I know competing against a roster full of NHLers is a lot different than a bunch of kids wearing NHL jerseys, but I think you'll agree that he and Cowan were the best forwards on the ice today.

If the Leafs deal Kampf in the next 2 weeks you'll know Minten has the job as the 3

Robertson Minten Cowan

Yessiree bob
ye i wasnt trying to take away from any offensive abilities, but i think his defense has a chance to be special. if hes a 40 - 50 point guy in his prime with his level of defense its a grand slam imo.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
ye i wasnt trying to take away from any offensive abilities, but i think his defense has a chance to be special. if hes a 40 - 50 point guy in his prime with his level of defense its a grand slam imo.

Poor man’s Backes is realistic imo, little smarter and a little less physical. 20/35 prime instead or 30/30, less PIMs.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

Robertson Minten Cowan

Yessiree bob

I always thought Minten would be a Stajan type of player

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
A strong pre-season from Minten could really make them think long and hard about liquidating Kampf for a mid round pick or two.

I'm sure it's already being thought about but Minten could really push them to do it.

He had a strong pre-season last year but when regular season start it was an other story.

Will need more than a good pre-season to see Minten replace Kampf

lets the young win their spot and prove they are better than the guys already there...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad