Prospect Info: prospect camp 24-25

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Canes Prospects writeup loves Legault. It's one guy's opinion but it's hard not to get excited about the description here.

• Charles-Alexis Legault’s work ethic is insane. Out early yesterday, out early again today. This shows in his development. Easily the most powerful skate out there, needing maybe one good stride to get speed.
  • Legault also has an INSANE shot. He can generate so much power from his wrist that it makes me think that at some point, he was a forward. A goal-scoring one, at that.

This is from his EliteProspects page:

Charles-Alexis Legault's a robust defender, not content just to survive his shifts " he's actively seeking to initiate contact and dispossess his opponents of the puck. Legault plays with a tight gap in the neutral zone, he's also an enthusiastic offensive activator from the blue line, availing himself of any opportunity to rush up the ice and get involved in the attack or seek out soft ice from the offensive blue line. -EliteProspects 2023 NHL Draft Guide

Now replace his name with Nikishin and we'd be like "well, yeah."

I'm paying attention.
Honestly he hasn't really been on my radar as far as our main prospects, but that is exciting to read.

Fun to think just few months ago we were worried about including Morrow in a Guentzel trade wiping out our RD prospects. Now we have Morrow signed, very positive reports on Legault and Heimosalmi's development, and just added Badinka to the mix. Looks like we've turned that position into a real strength.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I've had my eyes on Legault after his collegiate season this year, kid was red hot to close out the season. Excited to hear he's getting noticed at camp. After reading about his game, seems like he's got the offensive side, plays a pretty physical game, and is supposed to be very good on the defensive side of the puck as well.

He put up 9 goals, 15 assists, 24pts, and had a +/- of +36. in 39 games. I know +/- is a stupid stat, but +36 was good enough to be tied for best in the NCAA. He had 3 goals, 10 assists, and was a +16 in the final 10 games of his season.

I'm excited to see how he does in the AHL this year. I think he's got upside to be a 2nd pairing D and has the game that coaches would love him even as a bottom pairing guy. My bold prediction is he becomes a NHL regular in a year or two.

Additional note* Kid already has an NHL size frame at 6'3, 207 lbs.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Could be worse. It could be Guy Fiero.
Could be worse. It could be Guy Fieri. Though all the money must ease the pain of looking like Guy Fieri.

Welcome to flavour town

guyfieri.jpg

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Ad

Ad

Ad