Prospect Info: Prokhor Poltapov, F (33rd overall, 2021) CSKA Moskva (KHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Do we have to make room in our top 6 for this guy eventually? Is he going to have a serious breakout season putting himself in top prospect conversations?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Do we have to make room in our top 6 for this guy eventually? Is he going to have a serious breakout season putting himself in top prospect conversations?

I think he's in more of a traditional third line role if/when he comes over. But it would be fascinating to have someone with that sort of contact to his game bust out for them among their prospects.

Reactions: Faceboner

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think he's in more of a traditional third line role if/when he comes over. But it would be fascinating to have someone with that sort of contact to his game bust out for them among their prospects.
The key will be Prokhor's conversation with Sabres (Adams/Ruff), what role they will offer him, what plans they have for him. And this should happen already in winter/spring. Whether he goes to the NHL or extends his contract with CSKA may depend on this.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Okay, maybe this is just me, but in the bits I've managed to catch of some CSKA games, he is doing something that I always think of as minor but important - he seems to be busting ass to get to the bench on changes.

Severstal is now up 3-2 late.

Edit - now 4-2 on an empty netter. He was on with the goalie pulled.

Edit 2 - 16:49 in TOI today.

Last edited:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
With Zucker and Greenway not coming back, NAK on a one year deal, there's 3 wing spots open next season, and maybe 6 younguns in the mix. Polty could very well be a 4th liner for us next season, Malenstyn-Krebs-Polty for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad