Probability of Boudreau getting fired (Mod Edit) 2014-15 Coach/Management Discussion

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
I care way too much right now, but the peak of my fandom was without a doubt in 2011 during the Nashville series. I had to dial it back after the rage that followed that dreaded game 5 loss. Haven't gotten that upset since.

Can't remember how bad our goaltending was that series (#InEmerywetrust), but all I can think about from that year is Hiller's vertigo.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
why did u bring that game up?!? I was at that game and stayed in my seat for almost 30 minutes after the game in a huge state of shock. The ushers had to ask me to leave

I brought it up because it was the beginning of a more healthy attachment to the team for me lol.

Can't remember how bad our goaltending was that series (#InEmerywetrust), but all I can think about from that year is Hiller's vertigo.

That was a weird year. Skaters sucked when Hiller was dominating early on in the season, then all the players became dominant when we got Emery and we ended up getting home ice last day of the season. Then it ended in let down

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Oh, I think you care. And I don't see him saying we have nothing to be proud of. Just a different definition of what's worth a banner. Kinda seems more like your problem.

Winning a division is neat. It's like President's Trophy lite. That's about as far as I'll go with it. I'm fine with a banner but I can certainly see the other side. I don't think that makes me arrogant or entitled or fairweather. I care a lot about this team, more than pretty much everybody (though not as much as I did when I was a kid), and I think they've had a lot of throwaway seasons.

edit - you edited while I was answering. You do that. I can understand enjoying the post-lockout-2 seasons more, because there's no argument that we've been a bad team since then. Except for 2 seasons, we've been a great team. It's much better being great than the crap we got from 94-04. That doesn't necessarily mean we need to exalt every single thing we've done since then. That's actually more a signal of insecurity, when it's directed outward.

Thanks. What do I feel like having for breakfast tomorrow since obviously you know my every thought.

Let me reiterate. I don't care if it goes up or not. If it goes up, I'm not gonna do a little dance, I'm not even gonna crack a smile. If they don't I'm not gonna get even a little annoyed.

It's in my own head that I'll be looking back on last season with pride. Not great pride but pride. I don't think you're fairweather and I'm not the one who made that claim aimed at AngelDuck. Nor do I really think if you expect a cup every year, you aren't really a fan. I just think it's an unreasonable expectation. Even making the finals every year or the conference finals is. Is it wrong to want that? Absolutely not. We all do. But to look back on a year and dismiss all its merits just cause we didn't win a cup is simply not fair and has no point.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
For the record, the arrogance I was referring to was from Murray, or whoever else thinks we don't need "lesser" banners. The regular season conference championship banner looks sad, but division banners are regular things to put up. When we HAVE been winning a ton of stuff, over a 10-20 year period, you can afford to have that attitude. Before that - you're just a poseur.

Anyone on the boards is entitled to their opinion, I just like the look of multiple banners that show team success over when I visit an arena - it looks impressive to me. I think that you don't put division titles on the same banner until you have 5+ of them, and you preferably need 10+ other banners total - it looks sad with any fewer.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
For the record, the arrogance I was referring to was from Murray, or whoever else thinks we don't need "lesser" banners. The regular season conference championship banner looks sad, but division banners are regular things to put up. When we HAVE been winning a ton of stuff, over a 10-20 year period, you can afford to have that attitude. Before that - you're just a poseur.

Anyone on the boards is entitled to their opinion, I just like the look of multiple banners that show team success over when I visit an arena - it looks impressive to me. I think that you don't put division titles on the same banner until you have 5+ of them, and you preferably need 10+ other banners total - it looks sad with any fewer.

I agree with that completely. I don't really like the timeframes you've set out though. I think the Ducks have done appreciably well for a 20 year old franchise in a 30 team league. It's worth a frowny "not bad" face at any rate, which is really all a division banner represents IMO.

division banners are fine, just don't throw a party for it

I think that's exactly how it'll be, since that's what they did last season. The division banner just appeared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad